1998 BH Protege ES 1.8 5-speed for sale. North Carolina. $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 BH Protege ES 1.8 5-speed for sale. North Carolina. $1000

I'm upgrading to a new car. My protege was my daily driver, but I'm looking for something a little bigger now. I've had the car for about 3 years.

The bad:
    Could definitely use an alignment. Steering is a bit sloppy.
    Needs new swaybar end links.
    Needs tires.
    Trunk release latch doesn't open...gotta walk around back and use the key.
    One spot of superficial rust beneath the door, hasn't eaten through yet, just needs sanding and paint.
    Dent on the rear quarter panel.
    The key gets stuck in the ignition. You gotta jiggle it to get it out.

The good:
    solid car, never let me down.
    New steering wheel from a 626, looks brand new. (These pictures are from before I replaced it, so the one you see in the pictures is old.)
    Cruise control!
    EBC pads and rotors, stops great!
    solid motor, 158k miles
    5 speed is good, just needs new shift bushings.
    Comes with a Factory Service Manual, as well as G and F series transmission manuals (I was gonna swap from F to G, but never did).
    New headlights, but one is out. Needs a bulb. (Pictures are of the old hazy headlights).
    Front seat is a little rough.
    Climate control knob broke off, but I have a new one. Haven't installed it yet.
    Comes with 2 identical sets of wheels from a miata. 15x6
    Timing belt and water pump were replaced around 150k miles. Never failed, just preventative maintenance.
    LOTS of service records. I think I kept everything, as did the previous owner.

$1000 price is firm. Thule roof towers can go with the car because they're made to fit a protege, but I'm keeping the crossbars and the bike trays.

Last edited by skdrewry; 02-03-2022, 06:50 AM.
Working...
X