Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, proudly Canadian

Comment

I talked to the sales guy and he is sending me a bunch of pics. I am going to try and get him down to $5800 U.S.
      (Edit) Thanks for the link. I hope this deal works out. If it does I will have to fly up there and dirve all the way back to Saint Louis.
      Last edited by Pastor_Protege; 06-04-2005, 12:52 PM.
      Back in BG business.

Comment

Awesome dude - I hope it woks out for you. Gimme a shout when/if you come down to Vancouver and maybe we can meet up and I can see this beast

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
          Sure you can, just register it as a regular protege in a state that doesn't inspect vehicles.

When I bought my MR2 from Maryland, they NEVER even looked at the car at all when I registered it. It could have been a bicycle or a Semi-truck, they never would have been able to tell.
          I should have said, _legally_.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

in canada(or ontario at least) and car imported has to be 15 years old or older and can be registered no problem... my buddy has two r32 skyline gtrs that he drives daily.

Comment

Originally posted by blk_1stgn_prolx
              I talked to the sales guy and he is sending me a bunch of pics. I am going to try and get him down to $5800 U.S.
              (Edit) Thanks for the link. I hope this deal works out. If it does I will have to fly up there and dirve all the way back to Saint Louis.
              good luck!

It would be great to see that car go to someone on the board who will appreciate it.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

In Augusta they don't need anything except proof of insurance, a drivers license, and a title to register a car... there's zero inspections of any kind.
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

They promised me a bunch more pics by today but I didn't get them. I'll call again tomorrow. I'll post em when I get em. I'd like to know what you guys think of it.
                  Back in BG business.

Comment

its mint a guy on another board saw it AND drove it. i suggest buying it asap even though i want it im not gonna be a selfish deuche like that other guy.

Comment

At the local races a few weeks ago a primo metallic blue Skyline lost to a TurboII RX-7 with 420hp by a car an a half! first time I've ever seen a Skyline in person.
                      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I got the pics but they are too big to post. This car is sweet! Today I began the process of trying to convince my wife that I need another car (since I just bought one 4 months ago). As far as registering the car, I did some checking today too. I live in St. Louis MO but I am an intern here and technically I'm still a fulltime student. Therefore I am still a FL resident, I have a FL drivers license and all my cars are currently registered in FL not MO (FL has no emissions laws). It just so happens that FL is one of the few states that will title and resister a car imported from another country. I am now really getting excited that this actually might work out.
                        Problems still to be over come - wife's objections (Manageable)
                        - I may have to pay sales tax in Canada when I buy it and again in the US when I title it. (Manageable)
                        - The sales guy says the price is firm but I don't believe him (If it is firm and I do have to double sales tax that could be a deal breaker. All of that plus a plane ticket and travel expense home will put this thing out of my reach as far as $$$.):

Keep you fingers crossed for me.
                        Last edited by Pastor_Protege; 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM.
                        Back in BG business.

Comment

good luck.

email me the pics and I will shrink them and post them up for j00 if I can.

NotArrogant@gmail.com

Comment

The pictures that he sent were just bigger versions of the ones on the website.

Well turns out they are firm after all, and I would have to pay double sales tax, and my wife proved to be less manageable than I expected. She just doesn't understand how practical it is to fly to Canada to get a car that was imported from Japan. Go figure. I guess I am going to have to continue with my plans to turn my PRO LX into a GTX. Maybe if I act sad enough my wife will try and make it up to me (;
                            Back in BG business.

Comment

Originally posted by blk_1stgn_prolx
                              Maybe if I act sad enough my wife will try and make it up to me (;
                              pics? :suckie:

j/k.....

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                                pics? :suckie:

j/k.....
                                nah man, this is what you do...

go buy the car anyways, then she'll be pissed
                                and you'll be forever in debt to her for going behind her back...

but none of that matters cause you'll have a GTX!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X