G.I. 93 protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.I. 93 protege

This is an interest thread, I have pictures in my vb gallery. I was wanting to turn this into a weekend racer and things just never seemed to work out

I have a 93 dx, manual. I have over $5000 invested in parts time and labor. Most of what I have done was in preparation for a new motor. And making it safe for racing.

The basics of what I have done and what it is worth

1. Intake-adapter, filter-$50

2. Exhaust-Custom from the flexpipe back2.5 inch diameter all the way-over $500 invested

3. Seats and racing restraints-buckets and 5 point harness currently i have it set up as a 6 point on the drivers side 4 point passenger-$400

4. suspension is zx2 s/r struts with Eibach springs-worth $400 got in a lot from purewhitemp5

5. rims- paid $1500

6. stereo, alarm, fogs- about $500 in electronics

I am trying to figure out what I can get for this car.
    I don't know what is staying and what is going. I just know what is in the car right now.
    The engine is ailing but I feel confidant that if I put the factory rims back on that I can make it to Chicago on one tank. I have been told that I have a blown head gasket but I do not think that is right, I don't have watery oil and such. This shouldn't matter if you are planning to put in a bp like I wanted to.

ADMINS=If I need to add pictures I will go back and put some on here from my vb pics gallery just let me know, the car is not for sale yet so I didn't know if I had to include them.
    Last edited by hit25cal; 07-26-2007, 01:40 AM.
    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
    Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

I thought I might as well go on and upload some photos

Wet sanded and almost ready for paint

interior

the only thing that needs to be done in order to go to paint is to sand the bottoms of the doors and inside the door jams

Also the car is 99.9% rust free... the only rust on the car is on the back passenger quarter panel, and under the doors there are 3 holes about 1/8 inch thick where the previous owner had underglows installed incorrectly
    I sprayed on some primer to limit the rust in the bottom, and the quarter panel is not bad at all.
    Last edited by hit25cal; 07-26-2007, 02:17 AM.
    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
    Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

At the most, I'd say it's worth $1500.

Comment

Working...
      X