GI: 94 DX w/BP Swap (good for project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI: 94 DX w/BP Swap (good for project)

admins: I will get pics up ASAP tomorrow, but I wanted to get this moving as quickly as possible since I may be moving in 4 weeks. I still need to clean the car out before I take pics. Please give me 24 hours, if they're not up by then feel free to close the thread.

1994 Mazda Protege DX
    ~ 136k Miles on Car. BP Engine was pulled from a wrecker Tracer. I was told it had about 70k miles on it, and the cleanliness of the engine and harness speaks to that.
    Teal

Summary:
    Firstly, the car runs...in that you could safely drive it home today. This is a SOHC with a DOHC motor. Trans is still the weak SOHC tranny. In all honesty, this car would be good for (a) someone wanting a decent daily driver with a little potential for mods or (b) someone wanting a cheap start for a project car.

The highlights:
    - Body in overall good condition. No major dents, no rust. Paint needs a little bit of work as its pealing on both the front and rear bumpers. There are a couple of scratches on the body, but it looks like they could be buffed out to me.
    - Needs new exhaust. there is literally no exhaust from the downpipe back. Everything from the flexpipe to the muffler fell off shortly after the swap, due to some breakage during removal from rust wear.
    - Broken radiator fan. I have not troubleshooted it 100%, but I think the fan itself needs replaced. The radiator fan does NOT come on at all. The sensor is connected.
    - Will be fixed regardless, but just for the record: Small radiator fluid leak. It's coming from the hose connections. The hoses and clamps just need to be replaced and this will be fixed. There is no head, pump, or radiator leakage detected.
    - No power steering. I'll give you two power steering pumps and other hardware, but I'm not fixing it.
    - No A/C. Ditto: two compressors and the rest of the hardware is still on the car, but I'm not fixing it.

The deal:
    I may be moving to Denver, CO in a month. Unfortunately, I think I'm only taking one car, and the 350z has a lean on it (and is a little more expensive to replace) so it got dibs. Therefore, I'm looking to sell the car as is, but I would consider fixing any or all of the following prior to sale for an adjusted price:
    - exhaust
    - radiator fan
    - speakers

I also have a spare alternator and starter that I'll throw in.

The number on my head right now is $1000 as is. What's the interest?

Current Cars
    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

bump for pics
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Update:

I think I'll let it go for $500 cash AS IS. My move is coming faster than I thought, so I need it gone quickly.

Worst case, you could use it for the motor ecu and harness, then part out the rest and be ahead of the game.

I took pics tonight, but the camera died before I could upload them... so pics tomorrow, promise!
      Current Cars
      2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
      1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road

Comment

Just for clarity: AS IS means I'll fix as many small things I reasonably can, but those will be done at my descretion. It most likely means the coolant leak in the lines and cleaning up the car. I'll still throw in the accessories listed above
        Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

i see no pic's

Comment

pics?
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by FineWine View Post
              pics tomorrow, promise!
              give me a bit, the roads were awful out today and I have to go get batteries for my camera in order to get them off. I'm litterally out the door right now
              Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Back yet? =D

Comment

ok, Interior Pics coming tomorrow. With the cold and snow, I hadn't had a chance to get the inside cleaned.

here's a scuff mark on the car. It's NOT a scratch and has no depth. It easily come off with some buffing compound or a claybar.

Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

P.S., I originally bought this car from another ClubProtege member. Here was the "first" for sale thread.

Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

protege

want to buy your car leave a number hate forum talking takes too long. do you still have or is it still for sale. if so all 513.646.7029
                      live in the fields ertel area so not too far from you.

Comment

will be more then willing to give you 500 cash in hand. need a daily that is decent. have an mx3 im building so wanted to stay in the mazda family. wanted more of a passenger car. so yours is perfect. my mx has a BP from a protege lx. though. please call trying to get something this week. i can fix the exhaust. hopefully dont get pulled over on way home though lol. if you cant fix the fan thing dont worry about as long as i can get it home i will fix when i get back to fields ertel. i will just take it to work of something. work at firestone. check the relay by the passenger firewall up in the corner. use the ac relay maybe just the engine fan relay is bad or let the car run with the rad cap off maybe just an air pocket. if you get bubbles leave cap off til gone. this would cause it not to come on. if still have ac fan just plug in where it goes and leave ac button on at all times to keep the engine cool can still blow hot air in vents if you just press the ac button. just please call anytime will pick up or call back shortly dont always have in pocket at work. 513.646.7029

Comment

Working...
                        X