GI/testing the waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI/testing the waters

im pretty sure im going to sell my 92 lx. ive had it for two years almost, and its been a great car, but my wife and i just had a baby, and we need something thats bigger, newer, and more practical. the pictures im going to list are of the 92 lx, but i will also throw in a 92 dx parts car that is a complete running car (only needs a battery put in it).

im thinking $3000 for both plus the parts that ive bought and still havent installed.

if you want to see more pics PM me and let me know. this car is located at my house in macon, georgia, about an hour south of atlanta.

so heres the stats:

136681 miles
    black 92 lx with sunroof
    all routine maintenance work has been done by myself including new gates racing timing belt, water pump, complete tune up, regular oil changes using only royal purple oil, new alternator, belts, brakes, fuel filter, etc. its all been done.

the mods are:
    suspension techniques springs
    zx2-r shocks (maybe have 1000 miles on them at this point)
    custom cat back 2.25 exhaust
    brembo rotors
    ebc pads
    corksport ss brake lines
    ford racing brake fluid
    corksport ss clutch line
    corksport bronzoil shifter bushings
    enkei rse 16x7 wheels
    good set of kumho ecsta tires
    custom intake hard pipe
    k&n drop in filter with modified airbox/fender air inlet
    EGT tubular header with DEI heat wrap
    NGK iridium plugs and new NGK wires
    sony cd player and components (nothing special really)
    battery relocation kit installed
    jdm grille
    bosch driving lights mounted on front bumper (55 watts but can be upgraded to 100 watts with just a bulb change)
    sparco steering wheel and hub adapter

in the pictures i have a set of 16 inch enkei rse wheels with fairly new kumho tires on the car (bought em in october). im pretty sure thats what im going to sell the car with, so assume thats what you're getting. i also have a set of 15 inch rota slipstreams with new kumhos that are currently on my car but im 99% sure theyre going on my wifes civic when mine gets sold. the car had air conditioning but does not now. it stopped working and at that point i had the engine out doing all the maintenance stuff, so i pulled it because i knew i was not going to fix it. i still have all of it, its just not on the car. other than that, the only thing i consider a problem with the car is a few dings and dents (nothing big) and when its cold the tachometer jumps a round about 500 rpms when you first start it and drive it (maybe 10 miles). after my key broke on my dx i was smart enough to get two spares made for the lx, so you get those as well.

the other car is a 92 dx (my first protege)

im not 100% sure of the mileage on this car because when i bought it the odometer didnt work, and i havent fixed it. i think its around 160-170. i probably put about 5000 miles on it from the time i got it until i parked it (about a year ago). i had sold it to a friend for $500 who drove it for about 3 months, but he decided he wanted a truck and basically gave it back to me after only paying $300. thats why im throwing it in with the lx, because to me its basically only worth having as a parts car. you have to start it with a screwdriver because my idiot friend lost his key one night, and he tore the switch up. you could drive the car daily if you put a battery and an ignition set with a key on it, and it runs really well. i wouldnt feel uncomfortable driving it 500 miles if i had to. it has some dents and dings and a crap respray paint job (its red), but no sort of damage that would make it unsafe. like i said, its a throw in with the lx. if nothing else its worth having for the doors, bumpers, and headlights, which could be polished and made almost new again.

i need to sell in the next few months if i can, so anybody thats interested feel free to contact me on the post or in PM. i need to get close to what im asking because ive got to find something like a small pickup truck or a jeep cherokee to haul the family with. thanks for looking guys.

ashley mcbride
    Attached Files
    sigpic

oh, and disregard the date on the pics. . . those were taken in january of 07, we just always forget to reset the date when my wifes digital camera needs new batteries.

sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

Depending on price I may be interested in the suspension if you ever part it.

Comment

i might be interested in the LX but not the parts car. would it drive to south FL with little issue? what would you want for just the LX?
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

yeah, it has no drivability problems at all. id feel comfortable driving it to california if i had to.

just for the lx id say $2500.
          sigpic

Comment

cool if i can sell my monte carlo this month ill be in touch!
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

what do you mean bigger i have 2kids and my turbo protege is my dailly driver everyday car you got one i say keep it and boost it now thats a family car
              like lil wayne says: i wish i can **** every girl in the world.

Comment

I might be interested in the dx. How's the rust factor on the dx? And you did say you'd drive it without questions 500+ miles right? Do you have any pics of it?
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the dx has NO RUST. its a southern car that has stayed its whole life in my area. besides having a cheap respray paint job, some dents, and being a dx, its a good car to start a project from. . . plus its cheap. i'll have to take some pictures of it because i dont have any. . . i'll try and do that this afternoon when i get home from work. basically its red, has 13inch american racing wheels on it (they dont look too bad actually) with fairly new tires, i have a set of ebay coilovers on the car but i can take them off and put the factory springs back on if need be. . . if nothing else they'll go with the car when sold. i drove the car for a little over a year when i first got it, and i made trips back and forth 60 miles a day to work and school part of that time. i figure i put about 5000 miles on it while i was doing that. im sure it needs an oil change, and it does need an ignition switch (i have the key and ignition cylinder, just needs the switch that clips on the back of it, mine was broke by the previous buyer listed above in my first post), but other than that its fine. i try and crank it about once every 3 months or so just to let the oil pressure get up and make sure it runs ok. gonna do that again wednesday cause its been since before christmas that i did it last.

any more questions?

thanks for the interest guys. the reason i said i need something bigger and more family oriented like a truck/suv is because i live out in the country and we dont have trash pickup. . . its 5 miles to the dump and we make a lot of trash with a new baby. i dont like having to put it in my backseat, especially 3 or 4 bags at a time. its just not as practical as a jeep cherokee or a nissan pickup would be, which is what im looking for.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea some pics would be great. Even if you don't sell the lx would you be interested in selling the dx? I'm looking to either

A: buy a project car or
                    B: buy a beater while I can work on my lx.

I won't have the money till may when my tax check comes but seeing as you're still testing waters maybe this will give enough time to figure out .
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yea, the dx will be here im sure. it would be a good beater or project car. if i sell my lx and not the dx, its what im going to drive untill i get something else.

just let me know what you want to do.

ashley
                      sigpic

Comment

it that a jdm or a shorten u.s. spec rear bumper
                        5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

shortened u.s. i still have it, but its not on the car right now. it does go with it. i have a factory u.s. bumper with vent holes in it installed now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                            shortened u.s. i still have it, but its not on the car right now. it does go with it. i have a factory u.s. bumper with vent holes in it installed now.
                            vent holes?
                            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

vent holes, speed holes. they have more than one name. the car was going to be set up for time attack. i had a civic that was a time attack car and i found that by venting the back bumper i gained an extra 3/10 of a second in the 1/4 mile and no telling what on a road course. air backs up inside the rear bumper when you have no inner bumper support, and creates drag. its just my way of fixing that problem.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X