1991 Protege LX in Chicagoland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Protege LX in Chicagoland

I need to get rid of my Protege ASAP unfortunately.

It gave me a nice run for about a year and a half but I need some rent money and space in my driveway.

Pros: Brand new battery. Brand new timing belt (just needs to be put on). Brand new windshielf. Shocks are about a year old, in very good shape.

Cons: Possibly needs a new altenator. Needs new brakes all around, needs new hood, grill, and hood latch.

The hood is a little dinged up and doesnt completely close. It clicks halfway and I have it held down with a bungee chord for safety. This was from an accident a while back. I had plans to get a new one and fix everything up so I can continue to keep driving it myself but that is no longer in the cards for me with my financial status.

Ill sell for 300. I have been starting it everyday and it starts up fine everytime (even when i forget to start it for a few days). I have also been driving it every once in a while and it seems to be driving and running just fine.

PM for more details

Picture before the accident.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1991 Mazda Protege LX

Would you trust it to make it to cincinnati? Interested. Any otherr pics? Interior,engine bay,ect.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well all of last year I drove it back and forth between Southern Illinois and Chicago (about a 6 hour drive) and always felt comfortable doing so.

Also, it just got an oil change and new transmission fluid...and clutch is about a year old and working well.

One problem I have also noticed, and it could be because its sitting on an angle in my driveway is the front passenger side brake is locking up. After driving it for a bit and pumping the brake, it comes loose and its all good, and when you replace the brakes, that should be fixed. Just thought you should know though

The engine bay picture is before the new battery and new battery cables/clamps
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      1991 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I will try and take pictures of what it looks like now tomorrow morning.
        sigpic
        1991 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Interested, pending current pics.
          1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
          Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
          R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

I guess I'm 3rd in line. If neither Chris or Crazypunkerguy get it it's mine.

Comment

No sunroof? If not I'm out I want a sunroof model for this kl swap
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

nah no sunroof
                sigpic
                1991 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Ooh, that meas I'm 2nd in line.

Comment

I am out too I can't get another car until I get rid of my rodeo. So redheaddude it's all yours.
                    1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

PM'd

Comment

I'll be picking this up on the 16th if he gets back to me.

Comment

SOLD

sad to see her go
                          sigpic
                          1991 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by TimBeam View Post
                            SOLD

sad to see her go
                            Happy to receive her.

Comment

Working...