This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI: 1990 323 automatic needs work

My 323 (see avatar) has been sitting for awhile now waiting for me to replace the head gasket but it needs to go. I have a Kia for a DD and will soon be getting a HHR from the mother in law so the 323 is on the chopping block.

It runs fine, but will run hot if driven for long periods of time. Had a leakdown test done to it and there's a small exhaust leak going into the coolant. It also needs a radiator and hoses. I also have a bunch of NEW parts (ball joints, rotors, etc.) I could throw in for cheap.

The best thing about it is it has only 60k miles on it and drives like a dream, however the FL sun has taken it's toll on the paint and interior.

Also just had a new timing belt and waterpump installed. New Kuhmo 13" tires!!!!

Looking to get at least 500 out of it (not including parts)
    Last edited by leica; 04-02-2010, 02:26 PM.

better pics?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Pics

Let me know if more are needed

Comment

sold it to a kid that's going to make it into a "show car".

mods can close the thread.
        Last edited by leica; 04-08-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Closed. Tell the guy about cp. Hopefully he'll change his mind about the whole "show car" thing once he sees the real potential of the car
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
          X