This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 AWD protege & AWD/gtx parts

I am selling my AWD project car that never got off the ground. It was purchased with a blown engine for the sole purpose of a gtx swap which I have 98% of the parts for.

What I dont have: Engine harness, BP-26 ECU (maybe you want megasquirt? I recommend LEX) Fuse/relay box under hood power harness.

This car originated in Connecticut and was brought to NC at some point early in its life. Which IIRC was reflected by the carfax (I will provide VIN at request).
    There is no rust to be found on the chassis or subframes at all and i'll be happy to provide more in depth pictures to serious inquirers.

Included with sale is a complete GTX engine, 2 GTX AWD transmisisons and 1 GTR transmisison.
    Also included is a GTR rear swaybar and new bushings from corksport and a GTX front center console so you can have cupholders should they be important to you.

The transmissions are un-tested and were included with a couple JDM engine imports.
    The BP-26 comes from a running car from a personal friend. It was fogged when the engine was taken out and had fogging oil reapplied about a year ago.

The car has the clearcoat peeling on the hood and roof both bumper covers have faded paint on the top portion.

There are NO large dents in any of the body panels and the car does not look like it has ever been in a collision either. I do not remember what the carfax said but you are free to check for yourself at your expense.

There are minor scratches here and there which is to be expected for a twenty year old car.

The engine which was in the car had a blown headgasket and was leaking fluids very badly. There is still some residual buildup on some parts of the subframe, control arms and underside of the chassis.

This car is not in running condition and will need to be hauled with a trailer.
    I'm not interested in shipping the car via freight or car-carrier service.
    I will drive in about 3 hours in any direction to meet. You will have to bring your own trailer and we will transfer the car/parts over.

$1500 cash and we can work out paypal if you want also
    Also open to serious offers.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Last edited by wheresthericego; 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

This is a great buy for all these parts and a this car is such good condition. Good luck selling.
      I might be interested in bushing if you're willing to let those go separately.

Edit-And delivered (within three hours) too!
      Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-15-2010, 02:26 PM.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

If I didn't just buy at BF GTX I'd be all over this. Bump for an awesome deal, I hope it goes to someone that knows what it is.

Comment

noooooooo! don't sell it! why!?!?
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I do not have the time or money to fix this car the way I want and the way it deserves to be. There is nothing wrong with it but as you can tell from my 323 I try to do things above and beyond

Comment

damn you make me want to come get this lol glws
              live everyday like its your last!!!!
              90 DA9 project car
              93 BG2: daily beast

Comment

I would love to take over this project for you, but I have too many of my own right now. I've really been tempted to sell my BMW so I could get something cheaper that I could daily drive. This would be the perfect start for me. I'm just not ready to pull that trigger yet.

Comment

Protege is pending sale. Deposit has been paid. I will update thread as necessary.

Comment

404 protege not found

Comment

Working...
                    X