FS: 1992 Protege as-is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1992 Protege as-is

So this will be the official selling thread since the other one was just a GI for parting out my car.. I got my e36, so there's no need to keep the protege around. It will need to be towed, so if you're local to the seattle area and you're interested please let me know. I am asking for $500. I will not go a lot lower than that.
    The interior seems to attract people, it's the gray and black interior. The car was well maintained by me, I'm the second owner. The first owner was my dad. I have all the original paperwork and manuals, it mainly needs new tires, brakes in the front, cv joints, and something may be wrong with the clutch. It will turn on but it won't move when it's in gear. If you need to know more about it then let me know also. Thanks! I need this gone ASAP, so please make any offers.
    BTW here's the writeup i have posted on craigslist.

Hello, I have a 1992 Mazda Protege with 192,XXX miles on it. It is a Manual transmission. THE CAR WILL NEED TO BE TOWED. Please do not ask if it will run. It will start up, but it won't move. Something seems to be wrong with the gearbox.
    This Car has been in my family since the car was brand new. I am the second owner, but it has been owned by my parents previously I have never beat this car up, and it's always been taken care of. Regular oil changes. washing and cleaning inside and out weekly.
    It does have some existing problems. It needs 4 new tires, new brakes in the front at least. The CV joints will have to be replaced. The flywheel or something clutch related just went out, which is why I'm selling the car. The license plate lights and the headlight bulbs will need to be replaced. It does have some noise when shifting into second gear sometimes, but really just on downshifts. Reverse will sometimes make a sound. Otherwise, it's a smooth gearbox.
    I have kept a lot of paperwork on the car. It has been in no accidents at all. The paint is still very shiny but it has the normal dents and dings from parking lots, as well as basic scratches. The front bumper has a scuff on it. The interior is in excellent condition, no rips or tears in any of the seats. The headliner has a very small triangle tear in it. I have painted the back of one seat, which is easy to fix (on the vinyl) with some black vinyl paint. There are a few small coffee stains on the cloth, but everything is super clean. I have maintained a smoke free/mold free clean interior. The trunk board is also custom, I hand made it and had it professionally carpeted, which replaces the stock board which is flimsy. this trunk board will support big subwoofers if you so desire. It also has a fitted mazda mx-3 center console, which just has a cupholder and a compartment that replaces the stock protege tray.
    Included in the sale are:
    The front OEM bra
    3 manuals, chiltons, OEM and Haynes
    Newspaper ad for the car
    Window sticker for the car
    Receipts of repairs and other tune ups
    It just recently got new tabs as of last month, and it just got an emissions test
    Spark plugs and wires were changed recently
    Valve Cover gasket was replaced recently, but it has a leak again.

This is a great family car, and with the right repairs it can run strong.
    I am open to any offers, so don't be afraid to make them! I will answer any questions you have honestly. .

Please contact me via email
    Jawsman2@gmail.com
    I check it regularly. My name is Andrew.

protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.
Working...
X