'88 GTX chassis, $400, northern IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 GTX chassis, $400, northern IL

I'm selling a project car I picked up a few months ago and decided I don't have the time, energy, or money to do anything with this.

It's an '88 GTX with a blown engine, the turbo is gone, the trans is gone, and the wiring is kind of a mess. I do have the intercooler and an extra set of front struts/hubs/brakes. The rear differential is there, so if you wanted to convert it to RWD...

I may still be able to get the trans, but not sure. It was described to me as in "rebuildable" condition, so who knows?

The body is in decent shape. It was an Arizona or California car until a few years ago, so it's not *completely* rotted away.

It's gotta be towed, for obvious reasons. I can deliver it somewhat short distances, for a fee. I'd rather sell it to someone who can use it than salvage it. I know I can get $200 for salvage.

The car is in Woodstock, IL. I have the title, so you can have it plated and everything. I want this gone as soon as possible, so I can start working on my myriad other projects.

-Alan

Last edited by pinkshinyalan; 10-18-2010, 10:24 PM.
    sigpic

How is that blue 2.5rs running?

Comment

Is the ac system all there and working? Is it missing any door molding pieces? I may be interested in it just for parts.

Comment

The door molding all looks to be there. I can't say whether all the A/C components are there, much less if they work.

The Subaru isn't mine. Ran fine last I knew.
        sigpic

Comment

man. of i wasnt maxed out for room right now. id be all over that
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

Be all over it anyway. :-P
            I need this thing gone. Its mere existence frustrates me.
            sigpic

Comment

Any way you can check on the A/C stuff? That's the main thing holding my interest in buying it.

Comment

I can see if the A/C stuff is there, but I can't guarantee if it works and I have no way of actually testing it. I'll check on it this weekend. The car is up at my parents' place.
                sigpic

Comment

As long as it's all there I'm interested. I should be getting a compressor on the BPT I'm ordering, so the lines, wiring, and condenser are all I need.

Comment

you know what? I think that car is screaming for the perfectly running B6 out of my 323, and a stock transmission from one of my Protege4WDs. and some studded ice tires.

Boost optional.

But, I've already got too many cars, so I'm putting my earplugs in, so I can't hear the screams anymore.

--sarge

Comment

If I get it, it may end up with the b6t and trans out if my current GTX.

Comment

Any word on this? I'd really like to pick this up either this weekend or next weekend.
                        Last edited by redheddude222; 10-15-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

So it guess it looks like it won't be this weekend. When can I come get it? Feel free to text me, 812-319-2840.

Comment

Still waiting to hear back. I really want to pick this up.

Comment

I'm sorry, I was wrenching on the LeMons race car most of the weekend and didn't have any time to get on the internet. I sold the car to a local guy, and he picked it up on Sunday. He had responded to my Craigslist ad.

I didn't mean to leave you hanging. If I hadn't had such a packed weekend, I would've let you know sooner.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X