92 MX-3 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 MX-3 Project

My MX needs to go. For those that dont know I got her years ago and swapped the KL out for the BPT that I had. Half way through the swap I decided (very stupidly) that the power I was going to make was not enough. I sold the turbo and manifold for another and then ran out of money/time to get it done. The wife is mad since it has been sitting so long and I haven't done anything with it in a long time. Now with winter coming I want it gone to make room in my driveway. Any interest in this thing?

General info & whats included:
    1992 MX-3 GS (~180k on body)
    1.8l BPT block (minus manifold & turbo)
    G series tranny from 94 LX with 65k (swapped to RS cluster & cable speedo)
    Fidanza 9lb flywheel
    Spec (stage II I believe) clutch
    Filled 96 dur. Urethane motor mounts
    Stewart Warner EGT and PSI gauges
    Lex's digital tach with LED lights
    EDM LHD harness from Europe
    Magnaflow muffler
    ZX2 struts
    Sprint springs
    LCA bushings (these were for the 323, I think they work for the MX, I am not sure)
    SS oil feed & drain lines
    SS brake lines
    The pads/rotors were brand new, been sitting a while so they are rusted up, probably good idea to turn them
    rear EVO bumper and side skirts
    00 Miata wheels (15in smaller spokes, I also have a set of the fatter spoke 14in 99 rims if you want one set over the other)
    3 different intercoolers (1 RX-7 pictured, 1 mx-6, and one eBay one)
    Spal Slim fan
    RX-7 injectors
    PS resvoir swap (RS one for different hose)
    other small misc things that were needed for the dead KL to BPT swap.
    XS power T3 turbo

The bad:
    Needs ECU/MS. I have a MS unit I will throw in
    Needs manifold/turbo
    Needs piping
    Needs exhaust
    Needs radiator
    Needs axles
    Trunk is gutted, but the rest of the interior is still there
    The condition of the BPT is unknown. I never did get everything swapped to fire it up.
    Was the lovely Tropical Emerald (I call it gay-teal) color. I was then rattled black for now only b/c I hate rattle can black slightly less than the teal.

I want to be open and honest about this thing as I have been around this community for nearly a decade. Ask any questions. I would like to see $500 for everything. I know she needs work, but the body is clean and just needs someone with the time/funds to get it going.

Buyer is responsible for pickup/transport. I bought a truck (the avalanche in the background in a few of the pics ) so I can help get it transported if not too far or the buyer wants to work out a deal.

email: NotArrogant @ yahoo . com
    or PM me here.
    Attached Files
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Thats a great price. Shouldn't last long. If I was closer and not paralyzed I'd already be there picking it up
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

That's an awesome deal donnie, goodluck with the sale. I wish I had the time/money for another project.
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Thanks. I really want her to go to a good home or someone that can use majority of the parts.

I think I forgot to mention that I have a clear title in hand as well.

Comment

bump.

Comment

just put a gtx setup on it quick & plug in a GTX ecu. then you can at least enjoy it. under $500 said to be running
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

So unfair, I wanna buy it so bad, but no way to haul it to Missouri....

I guess what I should be saying is, I seriously need to convince one of my friends with a truck to take a roadtrip with me.
              Last edited by MX2GS; 12-16-2011, 01:03 AM.
              Originally posted by bogaut
              diggin the 2-lug swap lol
              Currently searching for a cheap MX-3 in Missouri, preferably running and in the sub-$1000 range. RS or GS doesn't matter, year doesn't matter, auto or manual doesn't matter, I can find parts, but a straight car to put them in eludes me.

Comment

Lol, Springfield is only about 8hrs away. Uhaul trailers are cheap to rent, its the gas that kills ya.

Ryan; Believe me I thought sincerely about that... I am just fed up with it. So much time wasted, I blame getting bitten by the RWD bug. After driving po-po cars all day having fun with 360hp @ the rear wheels around corners its rough to imagine myself in a FWD car with that kind of power. Its ok though, the next project car will be a miata provided the wife doesn't kill me first

Comment

Yeah, the issue is that I need a truck to pull said trailer lol. If I can figure that out, I will be serious about buying.

On an unrelated note, your avatar is awesome.
                  Originally posted by bogaut
                  diggin the 2-lug swap lol
                  Currently searching for a cheap MX-3 in Missouri, preferably running and in the sub-$1000 range. RS or GS doesn't matter, year doesn't matter, auto or manual doesn't matter, I can find parts, but a straight car to put them in eludes me.

Comment

bump.

Comment

How is this not sold?
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

If this wasn't 18 hours away I would have already bought it. I'm looking into how much it will cost to fly there and uhaul it back.

Comment

Dallas is only 12 hours and I am on the North side

My zip code is 75007 if you need a more accurate zip for a quote.

Comment

I'm looking at buying my old Pro back from its previous owner now. If that falls through I'll be trying for your mx3 again.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Working...
                              X