Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 Mazda GTX - project car Located in Ontario Canada

Selling my un-finished 323 GTX project.

Bought this 6 years ago off Ebay from South Dakota for $4000, had it shipped to Detroit and drove it from Detroit back home, once it was home I found that the center diff had problems.
    Bought a used trans ($350) and installed it which had the syncro's out of it, 2nd and 3rd gear grinded (proper english FTW)
    Still drove it because it the trans didnt bother me, then popped the motor.

Broken ring land

Bought a slightly used rebuilt engine from a guy who used to rally race a couple GTX's ($500) installed it in the car got it running only to find out he had blocked off the stock oil filter galleries to run a remote filter setup and external oil cooler. Seized the camshafts to the head and damaged all the bearings throughout the motor.

Apart everything comes again, this time I wasn't ****ing around. I sent both my transmissions to a rebuilder to put together 1 out of the 2 ($1000) New bearing and syncro kit were installed.

I tore apart the slightly used engine to inspect for any other damage besides the head and bearings. The cylinder bores all had nice fresh cross hatching, crankshaft was perfect, rods were perfect, so new bearings thoughout the bottem end. I bought a spare head ($100) had it gone over, pressure tested, new valve seals installed by Forrest and Forrest Racing here in Kitchener. Installed a new head gasket and head studs (all OEM) and put the engine back together again.

In the meantime the rear quarters had a bit of rust so I had them replaced with new patch panels from Cross Canada.

I had thoughts of Rallying the car so I scuffed it all down and painted the entire car with Sherwin-Williams black Rockergaurd

I also built an exhaust for it using a Vibrant sleeper series black oval muffer and built a small front mount I/C and aluminum hard pipes.

Also mounted a pair of R32 GTR seats ($250) on factory rails, the seats almost match the interior color perfectly.

Had the car all back together, running driving FINALLY. It ran and drove soooo nice, I was still in the process of breaking in the engine, just driving it nice and gently, no boost, minimal RPM's, when the ECU fried. The stock wiring harness had enough of being moved around and was broken in a few spots. It probably grounded something out and shorted it.

I was sick and tired of the stock **** anywas, the harness looked like **** and was over 20 years old at this point.

Standalone time.

Bought a used Haltech E8, then bought a brand new flying lead harness direct from Haltech in total costing me about $900.

This brings me basically to the point where the car sits now.

The Haltech is almost wired up, I am in the process of mounting a brand new aluminum Civic Half rad, I have a set of 4 LS1 coils and a Miata 1.6L Cam angle sensor for the Haltech. ($400 all together)

Right now the car has been sitting for almost a year outside of my shop, it has brand new winter tires on stock rims.

Willing to let go for $5000 OBO. Send me an offer... I would REALLY like to see this gone. I'm getting pressured by my landlord to move my cars for this winter
    Located in Kitchener.

End of massive For Sale Post. Thanks
    Cars Suck...
Working...
X