Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to buy 92-94 Protege LX 5 speed with sunroof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really prefer to buy the car off of someone I somewhat know of, not just some random lot half way across the country. I don't want to buy a one way plane ticket and end up being disappointed.

I know somebody has a nice protege for sale in their area. C'mon.

Comment

That Protege has E-specs! Buy it!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
        That Protege has E-specs! Buy it!
        I talked to Bill about it for a while tonight. Texas is a loooong drive home for me.

I'm going to keep looking around, and think about his car some more.

There's nothing in your area or at your work Ryan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
          I talked to Bill about it for a while tonight. Texas is a loooong drive home for me.

I'm going to keep looking around, and think about his car some more.

There's nothing in your area or at your work Ryan?
          That's good, give it some thought. I'd love to sell ya the car, but how's it gonna look if something craps out half way home??
          Ok, check this out: ~$340 for a one way ticket from Manchester on Southwest.
          Mapquest says it's ~2100 miles. At 25 miles per gallon, that's 84 gallons. So that's ~$200 more. Dude, then tack in food/lodging-hell that's half the cost of getting the car shipped.
          I have full confidence in my car, but you never know what's going to happen, it is after all 13 years old.
          I just got a quote for shipping, mind you this is an estimate-794 to 1100.
          Bill
          Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop
          www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            That's good, give it some thought. I'd love to sell ya the car, but how's it gonna look if something craps out half way home??
            Ok, check this out: ~$340 for a one way ticket from Manchester on Southwest.
            Mapquest says it's ~2100 miles. At 25 miles per gallon, that's 84 gallons. So that's ~$200 more. Dude, then tack in food/lodging-hell that's half the cost of getting the car shipped.
            I have full confidence in my car, but you never know what's going to happen, it is after all 13 years old.
            I just got a quote for shipping, mind you this is an estimate-794 to 1100.
            Bill

well, when i got my 323, i flew down to san diego from redmond, about 1400 miles. that cost me about $138 cuz i looked around. check www.cheaptickets.com that's where i got my ticket from. and play with the days some too. i was sure i had to go out on a certain day, then bumped it back and played with it some, and it drop $90. so just mess with different days and times. as far as lodging, sleep in your car for an hour or two. that's what i did. the car should get back then 25, but that is a good number to go by. 2100, you can do that in like 3 days. i did 1370 in 1.5 days. and if i bought my 323 from someone who didn't care about it or upkeep it, then yours should make it too. but, just to be on the same side, take some water, oil, and minor tools. i did fixes at gas stations and rest stops. oh yeah, and a flash light. trying to find a rattle under the car at 2:30 a.m. is no fun without a flashlight. I sayfly down there and pick it up and drive it back. it's like a short vacation for ya. and if you do, take pictures along the way. it's actually fun to do.

or....

you can drive that mx3 to me, and i'll look for a protege ya and help you with whatever i can. and you can pick up e-specs and other cool gtx stuff (like gtx sedan side moldings)

up to you. just some thoughts i had rumbling around in my almost empty head
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

I tried to update the Cardomain site, uploaded 28 pics and it looks like they've been erased-- fakk.
              Last edited by Bill; 12-23-2006, 11:16 AM.
              '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Got 'em loaded take a look.
                This is why the car is getting sold;
                Attached Files
                '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys, and thanks for the additional pictures Bill.

That Mazda 3 is so sexy!

Comment

I'm trying to find a Protege in my area, but I'm not having much luck.

I'm considering opening up my options to an EGT as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Got 'em loaded take a look.
                      This is why the car is getting sold;
                      RX-8 wheels FTW! I haven't seen a single Mazda with RX-8 wheels that I didn't like...of course my brother's Millenia is my favorite.

Jho - nah...we haven't had a BG at my dealership in like 2 months...and it was a '91 323 with 47K miles...they wanted $2900 for it for 1 saturday, then decided to take it to auction. If I wanted it, it would have been $1K...but I decided to pass it up because I didn't need it or really want it...white '91 323 base with a slightly dented passenger door, paint fade and 2 spots of paint flaking, rusted steels, and a horribly dirty engine bay...it drove great and shifted like new, but still...it sold at auction for $1300.

Prior to that, we had a black '93 Protege DX at one of our used car sales and I think someone bought it for like $2700...that was like last year.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

RX-8 wheels FTW! I haven't seen a single Mazda with RX-8 wheels that I didn't like...of course my brother's Millenia is my favorite.
                        Thanks do0d, took me like 3-4 months to track down a set. Almost as hard as finding those EDM lights.
                        '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Jho - nah...we haven't had a BG at my dealership in like 2 months...and it was a '91 323 with 47K miles...they wanted $2900 for it for 1 saturday, then decided to take it to auction. If I wanted it, it would have been $1K...but I decided to pass it up because I didn't need it or really want it...white '91 323 base with a slightly dented passenger door, paint fade and 2 spots of paint flaking, rusted steels, and a horribly dirty engine bay...it drove great and shifted like new, but still...it sold at auction for $1300.

Prior to that, we had a black '93 Protege DX at one of our used car sales and I think someone bought it for like $2700...that was like last year.
                          Wow, $2700 for a DX........................what a jip.

Comment

If my protege didnt have bad rear strut towers (fixed now, but doesnt look stock) i'd drive it down to you, just pay for the ticket back home

Good luck with the huntings Jo! You'll find her!

JACK.
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                              If my protege didnt have bad rear strut towers (fixed now, but doesnt look stock) i'd drive it down to you, just pay for the ticket back home

Good luck with the huntings Jo! You'll find her!

JACK.
                              Thanks Jack, I know I'll find a good one.

Comment

So what happened??? Yo sold her??

JACK.
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X