This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mannydingo View Post
    There's a saying that goes: At night all cats are black. Well, at least in the country I was born in the saying exsists. It means that you shouldn't buy anything at night because night can cover up a lot of the faults something can have. The next day you're like. Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately, this wasn't the case with your purchase. So which car is going in the snow? Did you mention the price or is that taboo on the forum?

That's why I was asking about the price. Maybe it was an offer you could not refuse for a car in such great shape. Jho, if you prefer not to say the price, it's ok. I would rather that than for you to make up a price.
    I met her at a car wash, so we pulled it into a fully lit wash bay where I thoroughly inspected it with an LED light. I'm not an idiot, I passed up a lot of POS rust buckets, and waited until I found the one.

I'm going to drive the black one in the snow, and I paid what I was looking to spend, $1250.

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
    seriously, this car is nicer than your other one. no mods, but stocked out its way cleaner.

why'd you buy a perfect car for a beater?
    The maroon car, although there were quite a few disappointing suprises that I found when I first brought it home, is much cleaner. I have put A LOT of time into it, and since then it has become 10X the car it was when I bought it. I WAY overpaid for it, and could have gotten much more for my dollar elsewhere. That was disappointing, but I'm over it.

The black car, I know EXACTLY what I bought, and it is a solid car, that needs a few things, but is VERY clean. I underpaid for this one, so I guess you could say I'm even. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I'd consider it more of a DD than a beater. There's no way I'm going to drive a rust bucket POS around, so I waited until I found a nice second car. I'm kinda picky with my cars.

Comment

ahhh, the maroon becomes the weekend warrior. finally going to do something with the GTR perhaps?
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
        ahhh, the maroon becomes the weekend warrior. finally going to do something with the GTR perhaps?
        Something like that.

The BPD will still hibernate..........BUT my VF-10/VJ-20 hybrid, GTX ECU, cams, injectors, oil pan, CS downpipe, GTR intake manifold, and then some will finally get out of my room.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
          Meh, it would be disgusting to work on afterwards.
          Nah, it's not that bad, I get mine sprayed with the non drip stuff, and I would much rather get a bit dirty working on it when I have to, than to watch it rust away.

Pat.
          sigpic

Comment

Come to florida ....my is FOR SALE
            sigpic
            R.I.P 93 Mazda 1.8 Turbo
            now BP26(GTX) on a 91mazda323 381whp @18psi with microtech lt8..
            91 mazda 323 v6 klde

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaproturbo View Post
              Come to florida ....my is FOR SALE
              Why, so I can buy a 3rd car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                Why, so I can buy a 3rd car?
                You know you want to!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat View Post
                  You know you want to!
                  Meh, two is plenty.

I've got lots of work planned for both!

Comment

Nice, I like my DD a lot as well - it's a 94 auto though with 88k miles on it when I got it. I did a bit of exhaust work and a CV joint aside from the normal maintenance stuff. No rust on it either ... but I can't start babying it - I just treat it as transportation and do normal maintenance. Chances are in a year or so I will probably be moving on to a newer DD. Congrats on the purchase Jho!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                      Nice, I like my DD a lot as well - it's a 94 auto though with 88k miles on it when I got it. I did a bit of exhaust work and a CV joint aside from the normal maintenance stuff. No rust on it either ... but I can't start babying it - I just treat it as transportation and do normal maintenance. Chances are in a year or so I will probably be moving on to a newer DD. Congrats on the purchase Jho!
                      Thanks Alex.

Right now I'm kind of bored with it. I'm so used to being louder, quicker, and lower. This car stops and handles like crap, lol.

All that's going to change soon though!

Comment

Working...
                      X