No announcement yet.

Problems with turboproto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the fmic is perfect for the car, check my page.. but as for turproto .. wow what happened, seems like there was alot that ive missed .. but i hope things gets fixed..
    My Toys =D

Comment

Yay. *sarcasm*

Hello Chris Provost,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the BuyerComplaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any fundsfrom the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recoveryof funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds inquestion if they become available in the seller's account in the future andwill take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may includeissuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to takeaction, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discussthe details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and thatit assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------Transaction Details-----------------------------------
      Seller's Name: Daniel Reyes
      Seller's Email: oldschoolricer@yahoo.com
      Seller's Transaction ID: 4R198037T2500363P
      Transaction Date: Aug 6, 2009
      Transaction Amount: -$475.00 USD
      Your Transaction ID: 2DR30839MH016054P
      Case Number: PP-785-010-668
      Buyer's Transaction ID: 2DR30839MH016054P

Comment

What's horrible is steve used dannys pp account so now its like they both have a bad name.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well danny or steve needs to send me $475.

Comment

what did you use to pay him with if it was a credit card over paypal call your card company and they will go after him that happend to me when i got my gc coilovers from an ebay seller i got my money back

Comment

Directly from my bank.

Comment

that sucks hope you get it back

Comment

Me too. I may have to do some investigating and find this foo.

Comment

I'm goin' to chime in on this as well. (strictly my experiences, not personal opinions).

I first signed up on this forum when one of my ex-classmates sold his blue 323 to me and directed me here. after meetin' some guys, i met Steve and he quoted me $2k for engine swap and tranny (and later on brake upgrade, plus $500 extra for the intercooler kit and knockoff bov).

So I hand him $1k upfront since he said he needed $$$ for parts, i asked an ETA and he gave me a 7-10day deadline. I'd talk to him on aim or somethin' else every other day or three days or so, and each time he'd tell me how things're goin' well and he's finishing up some things and car's ready to be picked up. So, by the end of the week i'd make my way down to the shop... no engine. but i was assured progress was being made. apparently there were fuel problems.

few days later, i chime in and engine is dropped in. supposedly car is near completion so i can drive by to check it out. I go there and it's not done, so the 7-10 day is now a 14 day deadline.

Car is nowhere near completion. So, the guy comes out and apologises and says he'll personally deliver the car the next day for free, all he needs to do is rent a tow truck real quick and no problems.

So we go back with a peace of mind thinkin' alright he's cool. Turns out the 'next day' is easter sunday. He can't get a trailer rental to haul the car.

I tell him i'll pick it up personally and begin my drive over there. he gets pissed as hell saying all i've been doing is putting pressure on him and he's trying to finish teh car perfect but that we keep trying to take it away half-assed.

I gave him $1000 up front, another $500 during the middle of it to calm things in terms of parts problems since his shop's pretty tiny and he's the only one working there.

Well, as expected, more heat and arguments and on sunday night I drive out there with help of my friend wanting to just get the car out of there.

As we get there, sure enough, the engine is in, but intercooler piping had fitment problems so he had to get a coupler. ok. but then his truck supposedly breaks down on the freeway (diff falls out).

thinkin' he might be BSing, my friend and i drive to the scene at the gas station he said he pulled off onto. Well, he wasn't lying. coupler was in his possession and the truck he had with him was ****ed.

So we waited for a tow truck and etc. and we all got to his shop about 30 mins later. Taking a look at the car, the engine is great. nice n' pretty just like it should be. But,now there's new problems: fuel pump won't turn on at all.

After a long night of troubleshooting, car wouldn't be done for another day and everyone's pissed off.

I give him another day because he swears it'll be done first thing in the mornign and promises he'll have it delivered.

Here comes monday. Turns out the truck he has had a bad alternator and he's quickly changing it out before going to uhaul to pick up the trailer. after that's done, he'll be on his way.

waited all day, he ignores all my calls and texts, and finally answers around 8-9pm that he's having problems with the way the alarm was wired. I just want the car done. I told him the alarm was a POS anyway (which it is. 50-50 chance of working) and to just toss it. Get the car done. Sure enough 10pm comes, and he can't get the car done. After he apologizes a bunch for breaking his promise, he says he will get it to my house when it's done.

I say i'm gonna pick up the mazda first thing in the morning (april 14th) and he gets pissed as ****. literally saying by A.I.M. that if anyone shows up to pick up the car, he'll close the shop door and won't release the car til it's done. He promised me a car running and he'll get it done. (see a pattern?)
                    and that if anyone wants to get personal with him he'll get personal right back.
                    He sent me a text in the morning morning saying he's now annoying the neighbors with 'mazda power' meaning he's got it running and it'll be delivered asap.
                    of course, his asap was later changed to "this afternoon for sure".

The car came around 9pmish, and i was just so happy to see it.

turned the ignition, car starts up, and as expected sounds great even with open downpipe (since my custom exhaust flange doesn't match up to the d.p.) and oh boy did it wake people up. sadly, it kept dying if idling below 1k rpm's.

he provided quite a few extra's, like SAFC-II, Apexi air filter, tons of free oilchange/tuneup cards, etc., and apologized to me and my family to how delayed things got.

When i mention the problems for a while, he keeps saying he needs the car back in his shop and he'll fix it for free. ...that's nice n' all, but i'd like to just get some advice. He continues insisting i tow the car back to his place. He says it was the ecu, so when i tried changing the ecu, now the car won't start. I have spark, i have air and fuel is good, but i'll prob need to get a GTX ecu or an N/A somewhere. Certainly that part was my bad, but yeah.

Overall this is the experience I had with Steve. Swell guy, fun to talk to, but deadlines and stuff are well... not his strong point at the moment?

and for the record... the intercooler sits crooked. Mishimoto has universal kits for a similar price as Steve's so i might try that option later on once this babe's runnin'.
                    Last edited by Hybrid Liger; 09-23-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

lol. you could of flown me out to cali & had me do it personally. lol
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        lol. you could of flown me out to cali & had me do it personally. lol
                        lol i may take you up on that.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here but not surprised to see this post about turboproto, i'm just a lucky boy when i see all the bad experiences here.

I'm on imazda and directly when i saw the bg 350hp intercooler kit for sale, i just jump on this quick ! i paid by paypal, and after a couple of weeks, no possibilities to have a tracking number or a proof of sending, i search on internet and finally found his "entreprise" phonenumber, i called from belgium tu usa (yeah you don't want to know the price of the communication lol) and never answer, NEVER ! after that he told me it was not the good phone number, he was on holidays blabla, it was a lot of money (shipping cost was the price of the ic kit....) and after thoses bad communications i directly made a paypal claim, after that i received a tracking number ! take so long to fix this ****, but i'm happy when i saw the bad situations of the rest of the peoples who trust this guy and never had money back or parts

Here's pictures of the protege 350hp rated kit, hope it's help if somebody want to make the same or help to find a similar kit (for the pipe design etc).

For see it in high resolution, just clic on the little picture

Cheers guys !

Comment

how long ago did you buy the kit from him? i thought he was done selling them...
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

image shack stats image was uploaded 12/24/10

Comment

yea, same day as the post lol, doesn't mean much.

also imazda? wow, that's a forum that doesn't see much action lol, i just checked it out again today (been months) and nothing really new there.....
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X