4wd BG passenger axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4wd BG passenger axle

I need an OEM inner cv for my BPT swap into my gtx. The condition of the outer cv doesn't matter. I'm even willing to trade a brand new aftermarket one for your used OEM one.

Pic of said axle I'm willing to trade. I opened it enough to measure the shaft diameter to see if it would work for me.

Bump

Comment

What's wrong with yours? The front right is the one that should interchange between 2wd and 4wd. The axle is 2mm thicker, but that is the only difference I know of.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with mine. I need a BG axle that I can hybrid with a bf axle to do my BPT gtx swap.

And no, the 2wd axle will not fit on the 4wd jack shaft. I tried.

Comment

Well that's disappointing. I have an extra set, but unknown condition. I know the outer joints were popping and cracking more than any others I've ever heard...

I should probably rebuild them.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Comment

I'll pay shipping for the passenger one? Condition doesn't matter, I'm going to rebuild it anyway.

Comment

I need to keep an extra set around, but I might still have a third FR axle around. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: I found this, maybe that's the best way to go. Rockauto doesn't list them anymore.
              Last edited by me109; 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM.
              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

That's exactly what I have, it won't work. I need an OEM axle.

Would you be willing to trade your spare axle for my brand new one? Mine will work just fine in a BG, but not in my BF.

Comment

So your inner CV joint that you have doesn't work with the BPT tranny/jackshaft, or the B6T stuff? I'm a little confused as to what you need.
                  1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Comment

The brand new axle I have is for a 4wd BG. It fits the BPT jack shaft, but will not work with my BF outer cv. The shaft on the axle I have is larger in diameter than the OEM one, which is why I need an OEM axle.

Hopefully that all made sense.

Comment

Bump. Someone has to have a worn out BG axle they want to trade for a brand new one.

Comment

Ive got one i can send out but im in the uk, pm me if your keen.

Comment

Oh okay. Finally I understand.

Yes. I can send you an OEM axle in trade. It will probably have the ABS ring on it. PM me to work out the details.
                          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Comment

not for trade. only for sale.pm me if your interested.

Comment

I might have what you need as well, and I can use an extra 4wd axle.
                              1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                              1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                              2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                              1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Working...
                              X