Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4WD Shifter Cable BRASS Bushings (transmission end)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh that. Nah it wasn't too bad. Just call them to place the order.

It's really no bother. If you are clear when you ask questions you will get clear answers. Otherwise it's hard to figure what you want to know.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

ah i see. i was in the shifter bushing thread so i assumed that when i asked for updates that it would be seen as shifter bushing updates.
      need help with my gtx
      http://. please check out my welcomi...ad.php?t=52356

looking for info on the 626 master cylinder upgrade

Comment

thread started about transmission-end CABLE bushings.
        thread included posts and links about shifter-end LEVER bushings.
        your question just said "bushings", so we weren't sure if you meant the transmission-end, or the shifter-end.

As far as I know, five or six, maybe more people have ordered the transmission-end bushings and installed them. I've installed two sets myself. No problems.

--sarge

Comment

Sweet sounds good!
          need help with my gtx

Comment

my transmission end has two same size bushings. i called speed source and they said fo rme to get the "big mitsubishi" wich is one big and one small. so that cant be right.
            need help with my gtx

Comment

Originally posted by stariondriver View Post
              my transmission end has two same size bushings. i called speed source and they said fo rme to get the "big mitsubishi" wich is one big and one small. so that cant be right.
              Did you take them out and measure them? Or are you just eyeballing them? It's not a big difference, but there IS a difference. Measure them, and get back to us on what the measurements are. Better, measure the inside diameter of the cable end "rings" that the bushings go into....

--sarge

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                Did you take them out and measure them? Or are you just eyeballing them? It's not a big difference, but there IS a difference. Measure them, and get back to us on what the measurements are. Better, measure the inside diameter of the cable end "rings" that the bushings go into....

--sarge
                Eyeballing? No i use a digital micrometer on the small one to compare to my old stock one. But thats beside the point. The small bushing in my kit fits both ends perfectly. I think its 71.xx milimeters. But both ends the bushing is a snug fit. I emailed the seller and he confirmed the kit with small bushing are same as the small ones in the small / big kit. I installed the small one in the end under the battery and soon as my small kit shows up i will install the other.
                need help with my gtx

Comment

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if one of the cables had been replaced at some time in the past, making them the same size? With brass bushings, I don't think it makes a difference in the size anyways.

71m sounds huge, I thought they were something like 25/28 or something along those lines.

--sarge

Comment

71mm is 2.8 inches. That's too big. Got pics of what you measured?
                    1990 Protege 4WD
                    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

don't the first-gen (BF, up to '89) 4WD cars have larger cable ends on the transmisison side?

Comment

2.8 inches is still impractically big, right? I could see 30-40mm, but 71 is like a baseball.

@ stariondriver:
                        I'm not trying to say you're wrong. I'd just really like to see a 71mm bushing.
                        1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Comment

.7 " maybe
                          need help with my gtx

Comment

need help with my gtx

Comment

I broke down and ordered my cable end bushings last night from Speed Source. I'm hoping to soon say good bye to the sloppy shifter.
                              James

1990 Mazda Protege 4wd / 1993 Mazda RX-7 / 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback / 2013 Ford Mustang

Comment

anxious to see pictures when you get them.
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X