No announcement yet.

whats needed for full time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK the floor pan is different, you'd have to cut it out and figure out a way to make everything work. also, its gonna be shorter than a protege too. Probably a lot more work than your interested in
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Confirmed Ace. Floorpan is very different.

You could cut one out of a 4wd Protege and adapt it to fit, or I guess you could make your own. It's a lot of work no matter what you do. That's what usually kills this project, at least for most people.

This idea has been covered a number of times before, but I am not aware of anyone who has realized it in a BG.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Trans tunnel, firewall, gas tank etc etc etc it can be done but ain't worth it.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

yeah, im aware its an assload of fab work, which is mostly why ive only been mulling it over, and not going for it. lol.
          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X