Carputer System Plans...Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asylum24
    or you could get a wireless keyboard at walmart for $20.. and I mean how often are you really gonna type unless you are like sitting still so it wouldnt be that big of a deal
    yea i only use it when im setting up a navigation point and typine in an address so it can find it. . ..exactly. . i use the keyboard when im standing still
    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
    Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
    OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
    Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
    sun ground kit
    5spd sunroof
    Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
    power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

yea, that does make more sense. I guess it would be best to have the wireless and just put the keyboard in the front seat. using the monitor to type would be a bitch. Whats the resolution and how does it read? What would you guys recommend as in screen size?
      My OLD Car

Comment

there is also a company that makes keyboards that roll up... its not wireless but since it rolls up you could just stick it under the seat. cant remember hte company but its on thinkgeek.com

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          there is also a company that makes keyboards that roll up... its not wireless but since it rolls up you could just stick it under the seat. cant remember hte company but its on thinkgeek.com
          those roll up keyboards suck. . .since you need a hard flat surface to lay them on in order to type. . .i used to use that just because i had on lying around. . that was the firstr thing to go. . .

as for the monitor is use a 7 in widescreen
          it is readable in pretty much ever resolution i use . . .but that is only because i spent the extra money to get a vga version of it. . .the text is crisp (albeit really small at 1600x1200 on a 7in screen) but it is readable

for normal useage i usually do 800x600 or 640x480 depending on which winamp fulscreen skin i use
          2003 P5 Midnight Blue
          Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
          OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
          Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
          sun ground kit
          5spd sunroof
          Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
          7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
          power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
          6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Working...
          X