No announcement yet.

2003 DX to LX gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok ill try to explain this one more time...the WIRE is there....but it is on the diagnostic box in the engine bay next to the fire wall...I actually tried the swap on my DX and it DOES NOT WORK!!!! ask rider69,i sold him the cluster since my car doesnt supply the tach signal...Mazda doesnt supply a tach signal to the cluster in a DX since there is no TACH!!!!! do you understand the words hat are coming out of my mouth

Comment

It seems odometer fraud is WAY too easy if the only place the mileage is stored is in the cluster.

Swap out the cluster, roll back the odo that many miles? Seems too easy.

I'm not doubting the validity of the information, as I have NO idea what happens when the cluster is swapped.

But it seems to me that odo fraud would be far too easy if a cluster swap is all that's needed. And what if a cluster breaks and is replaced under warranty with a brand new one? The car could have 40,000 miles, but read zero on the odo? There must be a way to correct that.

Isn't it possible that the mileage IS stored in the ECU, but a tech would have to "upload" it to the cluster for a new cluster to read the correct mileage?

If the odo is TRULY not stored ANYWHERE BUT the cluster, I'm getting a junkyard cluster for SURE when it's time to sell my car. ****, maybe I'll have 150,000 on it, but I'll knock that down to half.

I'm betting you guys are BOTH correct, and the mileage is stored in BOTH places ................... somehow.

~HH

Comment

It is stored in the cluster, as it always has been, on cars before digital odometers. Perhaps it is stored in the ECU too, but I had never heard of that. Yes, odometer fraud is easy. I could find a junkyard protege with less miles and take one. *shrug*

Originally posted by hihoslva
        It seems odometer fraud is WAY too easy if the only place the mileage is stored is in the cluster.

Swap out the cluster, roll back the odo that many miles? Seems too easy.

I'm not doubting the validity of the information, as I have NO idea what happens when the cluster is swapped.

But it seems to me that odo fraud would be far too easy if a cluster swap is all that's needed. And what if a cluster breaks and is replaced under warranty with a brand new one? The car could have 40,000 miles, but read zero on the odo? There must be a way to correct that.

Isn't it possible that the mileage IS stored in the ECU, but a tech would have to "upload" it to the cluster for a new cluster to read the correct mileage?

If the odo is TRULY not stored ANYWHERE BUT the cluster, I'm getting a junkyard cluster for SURE when it's time to sell my car. ****, maybe I'll have 150,000 on it, but I'll knock that down to half.

I'm betting you guys are BOTH correct, and the mileage is stored in BOTH places ................... somehow.

~HH
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Is this a possible swap on a 1994 dx with no tach? cuz i found a tach i just need to know if it is gonna work and if not howi can make it work...

Comment

Yeah, it works for the 94.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
            X