No announcement yet.

blue head lights, which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher color temperature does NOT mean brighter light. Anything that is tinted blue will output less light, and to get brighter it has to be run with higher power, and it will burn out faster.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
      http://www.mazda3club.com/showthread...ghlight=lights

Yellow fogs and blue headlights is where its at.

I have the silverstars becuase they were on sale and everyone one says how good they are. THere not. There actually dimmer then stock. As per my link the Phillips blue vision are prob the best around.

I had a friend of mine buy the off road use only blue headlights from pepboys they had a bunch of asian lettering on them IDK which. Its the solid blue kind, really nice. Looking at the car there bluish but on the road they leave a really nice white light much whiter then my silverstars. They also had the half yellow half blue lights that should be awsome, IM gonna try them and see what happens. Interestingliy enough the silverstars are only 4000k in color while his are 5500k. its a night and day diffrence, the silver stars are hardly any better then stock maybe even worse.
      Osram Silverstars > OEM > Sylvania Silverstars

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        Higher color temperature does NOT mean brighter light. Anything that is tinted blue will output less light, and to get brighter it has to be run with higher power, and it will burn out faster.
        Higher temperature means more visiblility if you would have followed the link you would have seen that ideal color for vision is 4-5000k beyond that your just wasing light. The osrams sacrifice color for light output which is still near stock.

NOw if you want to do that, the GE nighthawks are really bright but are also piss yellow.

Ive been running these lights for 4 months and have had no problems yet, if they do go out ill be sure to post back. I would like to point out that the phillips bluevisions are not tinted but still leave a nice white light.

Comment

4500-5000K is the whitest, best illuminating temperature for headlights. The best non-HID alternative is Xenon, like Silverstars or Phillips. The bluer they get, light output goes down.
          The colour/light output is on a curve like so:

Check out http://www.hidplanet.com/ for infor
          Last edited by firelizard; 03-05-2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X