Driving Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterT
    I notice people with moderately loud to very loud stereos have headlight dimming problems with the 2001 and up Proteges and 1st MP3 was saying it's probably do to poor ECU management of headlights as well as wiring on the board of headlights. I thought of going in and finding the wire and upgrading it, but I have tinkered enough of it. Even beefing up the wire from alternator to the fuse box and from there to the battery didn't help. I have a groundkit, stiffening cap, and dry cell battery. Thank God for fog lights!!
    Wow, I can't imagine having a system that loud! My system sucks, but it's definately loud enough for what I need it to do, and it's going to be a hell of a lot louder once I figure out my mounting dilemma.

AFAIK, my lights don't dim yet.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

My system is pretty loud at 900 watts RMS, but not enough to blow your ears off. It's the type of amps that draw more current than other types. Thanks for the compliment though!
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
        My system is pretty loud at 900 watts RMS, but not enough to blow your ears off. It's the type of amps that draw more current than other types. Thanks for the compliment though!
        I have an alpine MRD or MDR amp, and it pulls a lot I think. Bleh. I'm moving to two Infinity Beta amps I got from a friend.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Hey, to whomever wanted to see the differece between my lows and driving lights, i snapped some pics:

(My headlights really suck ass)

Low Beams
          Driving lights
          Low + Driving
          High + Driving
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

I just rewired the batteries to the alternator from the battery and replaced fuse box wire with 4 gauge and still the headlights dim even at moderate levels. It sucks, but either my amps are that inefficient and the headlight wiring sucks ass, or my amp has gotten bad pulling more current than it should. They dim enough to notice and of course on dark roads, it's more evident obviously. It sucks and I have done every thing but replace the alternator with a bigger one or replace the Class A amp for a Class D for more efficiency. As much money as I have spent rewiring ****, getting a new battery, installing a groundkit, I am saying **** it and hope every thing will function. Thank God for the 1000CCA battery that Blue hooked me up with!! Otherwise, I would probably be screwed.
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
              Hey, to whomever wanted to see the differece between my lows and driving lights, i snapped some pics:

(My headlights really suck ass)

Low Beams
              Driving lights
              Low + Driving
              High + Driving
              that was me. looks like they help. I'm happy with my beams since i got osrams about a year ago. The pattern is more defined and i rarely use my highs unless i'm driving in a wooded area, ****in deer. I love PA but driving through bumble**** can be dangerous.
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

Originally posted by goodorange
                that was me. looks like they help. I'm happy with my beams since i got osrams about a year ago. The pattern is more defined and i rarely use my highs unless i'm driving in a wooded area, ****in deer. I love PA but driving through bumble**** can be dangerous.
                You said it! Driving in PA can definately be hazardous. Turning on the high-beams with the driving lights doesn't do a whole lot. I was driving around last night then, and I would turn off the driving lights as I passed cars, I'm not sure if they're too bright or not. I could probalby aim them a little higher too if I felt like it
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                X