Ebay HID kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
    Thanks for the pics. It's still too blue for my taste. Maybe I should get a 5000 kit. idk
    6000 35w is pure white, no blue. i think thats what im going to get from ddmtuning.com
    but i dont know what blub style to get.. ahhh
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

that looks sort of like an 8000k kit because of the higher wattage. I'm going with the 35w 8000k I think. Really blue but great visibility. That looks like a really nice kit. Is it really bright on the road? Maybe a night shot?
      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

They took me about half an hour to put in. It comes with a fused Relay harness one lead goes straight to the battery you have to mount he relay. Then you have to run it to each side of the car and hook up the 2 grounds one for each hid lamp. Then put the bulbs in the houseings hookup the balasts and use the supplyed double sided tape to mont them. Hook up the connectors at the bulbs. hook up the connector on the hid harness to one of the factory hookups and your done. aside from securing some wireing.

Really straight foreward to install. comes with instructions but i did not even look at them pretty self explanitory.

The slim line ballasts are slightly larger than a creditcard and a 1/4 inch thick. so really small. compared to my ebay kit with conventional balasts about 4in wide 5in long and atleast 3/4in thick.

I was realy impressed with this kit the ebay ones have no connection to the battery they just connect strait to the existing wireing of the stock headlamps.

I can post pics of the ballasts and the relay and things if people want to see them.

Yeah they are amazing on the road I will get a night shot today its suppose to be about 30 out as opposes to the 3 degrees yesterday.

It took about 15 days to get them due to the low price and i orderd mine on Christmas eve so that didnt help but they said it would take a little while right on there sight so i was not woryed about it. Worth the wait.
        Last edited by BlackMazdaMx-3; 01-17-2009, 10:43 AM.
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

I have the 8k or 9k i dont remember and there both low and high beam which differs from most sets. But I will get pictures soon with the EDM glass lights so we can really see the difference with a LHD glass light. Im also going to put a set on my 99 4runner so I can blind people in lowered cars.
          1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

mmmm blinding. I want to get this kit soon, it sounds like a good find for the money. I'm still working on getting my wiring kit and sub box. I only got 8 hours next week at work due to budget cuts.

Comment

just ordered them last night. I didn't go with dd because I was drinking and said "I want to save money". So I spent about 2 hrs on eBay and found a set of 35w 6000k super slim h4s. They should be here in 2-3 days(don't know if weekend days count). They were 65 shipped. I'll see if they're any good then.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Here are the pics of the DDM hids at night.

Low beam

High beam
                sigpic
                1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
                Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
                Daily driver

Comment

I purchased originally, a set of Euro Headlights (Clear Glass, H4 bulbs, JDM specifications) for the BF 323 GT. At the same time, I purchased a cheapy set of the Very light tint blue 35W HIDs, I think they cost me a total of $75 shipped. Ive had them a year, and i will tell you, they are one of the best investments i have ever made. They are super bright, efficient, and clear. They go very well with the clear glass headlights. For pics, look in my Gallery. Hope they work well for you. I think I will get another kit that has High Beams.

I strictly stayed away from the colored HID's as to not draw attention from the police Department, and to stay in the legal relmification. I even installed them and took them to the city police department for a Police officers oppinion. They checked it from a few different angles, and said they had no problems what so ever. Im happy. :D
                  Last edited by FamiliaGT; 01-18-2009, 02:56 AM.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

you should make a how to. and what bulb style did you get?
                    -Steve

VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Mine are 9004 thats what the mx-3 takes.
                      sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

ohh. how do you find out? just look on the stock bulb?
                        -Steve

VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          ohh. how do you find out? just look on the stock bulb?
                          yes. Mine were 9004 when I had the usdm lights. The jdm/edm lights take a h4/9003.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

1st gens take 9004. Look on sylvania's website for bulb types if you aren't sure. It gives you a list of practically every light in your car.
                            Those night shots look nice, I want a pair of them now! :D I'm more of an 8000k person myself, at least the light output doesn't decrease as much as 10000k.

Comment

Anybody else install one of these kits yet that could post up pics? maybe a different K temp.? where they mounted the ballast...

Comment

He just got his today. His are 5000k. he took pics of the whole kit before install.
                                sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

Working...
                                X