No announcement yet.

In car computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a picture frame made from a laptop.
    Basically, the guy had his monitor flipped so it sits on the laptop's bottom. It had a wireless card and was running some software that was continuously changing the pictures on the screen - a slideshow. The person could access the laptop wirelessly and change the pictures. He made a frame for it so only the LCD was visible.

You can do something like that and maybe get a bluetooth or some other wireless technology keyboard and or mouse... Mount the monitor somewhere and keep the keyboard on the seat or somethng - like in those Jetta pics.

Comment

I know they sell stuff for somelaptops.... I saw somewhere on a civic board where a guy made an arm that connected to the little bars under the headrest and it came out and hten down and the out again and on that last 'out' section he put a tray and thats where his laptop went.. then he used like nylon webbing with clips on it to secure it to it. just an idea.

Comment

How much do you use your glove compartment? You could rig up some sort of folding stand that swivels into it when you don't need it, but when you want the computer in the car you can just open the glove compartment, fold the stand out, and set the computer on it.

Comment

also seen it done where it came off a rollcage between the seats and then the bar turned right to gover into the passenger seat and then it had a swiveling tray that locked in place... of course you would need a rollcage

Comment

found this incase you were interested

Comment

this is getting me all motivated to actually go out and start building some ****...

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1734601.phtml

found this incase you were interested

Comment

lol ... thats what im about to do ... about that link ... wow ... dont think im that motivated heh ... but i got an old keyboard im gonna cut down , and the whole touch screen thing is expensive ... but thats really nice looking .. im thinking about making a swivel mount maybe out of the glove box ... or from the floor or something i gotta check it out

Comment

Check this out:

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                      a cheaper one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2448916156

Comment

nice

Comment

thats really nice ... maybe after i put the system in ill look into that .. how would i connect the car speakers to that though, there is no audio if you put the screen in and get rid of the head unit ... could you just amp your speakers ... and run it through the amp?

Comment

you have a soundcard ... connect that to your amp and run the speakers from it.

here's another monitor: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32826

Comment

Personally I don't want to get rid of my head unit, just relocate it somewhere... the question is where? I thought about putting it where the little pocket next to the cupholder is, but that's really a pain to change CD's down there. The other option I can think of is something like what blue LEDz did, putting HVAC controls down there and then cutting out the spot they're in now for the head unit. It's all a pain in the ass.

Comment

lol, look at this:

Comment

Working...
                                X