Door mounted tweeters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door mounted tweeters

So after scrapping my door pods, I decided to mount the tweeters in the top of the door. I pulled them out and taped them in place to see if I liked how they sounded (see first picture). I really like the sound quality and the imaging with them there, so I got started. For once my project went fast, and now I have tweeters mounted on their own in the door (see second picture).
    Attached Files

that where i originally had my tweeters mounted in my doors. it brings the sound up much higher, and it sounded pretty good.

Comment

Where are yours now and why'd you move them?

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        that where i originally had my tweeters mounted in my doors. it brings the sound up much higher, and it sounded pretty good.
        Mine are hanging from the same spot, and you objected to that.

Joel, copycat. :p:

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

i said they sounded pretty good, but not great mine are in kick panels now, and while they sound great, i'm going to move the tweeter to up on the a-pillar and equalize the heck out of them.

Comment

Comapre that position to the sail panels. Which sounded better to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

I thought yours were on the sail panels. Mine are not. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Comment

Lol. Mine are hanging... just like in the first pic you posted.

Comment

OK, so I copied you for about four days. I was so scared to cut into the door though. I almost just left them there.

Comment

I still can't imagine cutting the doors up. I'm a wuss.

Comment

I did it with a soldering iron, that way it was slow and I was less likely to screw up. Even so there's a slight gap in a couple of spots. Not enough you'd notice unless you're looking for it, but I'm still pissed.

Comment

I hope you don't plan on changing the tweets any time soon.

Comment

Nope. As I said before, the components I have in the front are great for now, maybe down the road I'll upgrade but not for a long time. And even if I did, the tweeters are good enough to mix and match. And they're a fairly standard size.

Comment

that spot on the doors is pretty much the same as the sail panels. if properly aimed they'll sound good. course mounting them on the a-pillars can be a nightmare, since there are some horrible reflections off the windshield and dash. that's why it pretty much requires a 30 band EQ

Comment

So far it sounds a lot better than it did, but I haven't really heard a lot of other setups. Once I've heard a good set of kick panels I'll tell you how mine sound. And the equalizer is on the way, it'll get here about a week after the money to pay for it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X