Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest 100% custom install (e12K.44 + Tsunami db1100).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks really nice, how heavy is your install?
    www.mazda-community.de

Comment

Great job Intruder. You have got some talent! I like how clean it looks. I bet it sounds as good as it looks too!
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Thanks Mike. It does sound good.

Comment

Are you selling your car? I thought I saw it for sale in another post! I should be getting leebanger's rims/tires and some springs for my ES next week! I want to change my stereo set up and make it look clean like yours. I also want to get a new set of 5 1/4" components for the kickpanels, but that will have to wait since I just blew a lot of dough this week. :D
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

I am not selling my car. I never had it for sale. It's never going to go for sale. lol It's mine for life. After all the things I have done to it (and plan on doing) I doubt anyone is going to want to buy it (for a reasonable price that is... I can always sell it for $500).

Comment

Hey, nice install! (Crazy how stuff like this makes it around the net, eh?) I feel honored that someone got inspiration from my personal install. How do you like that Tsunami amp? I've not had any experience with them personally. And those eD subs sure are neat. Fantastic sound. For some reason eD removed the users' cars from their website, though.
              -joe
              Nissan 350Z (click for info/pics)

Comment

Hey Joe, nice meeting you! Heh, the internet is amazing. I love your car!

This Tsunami is my first amp, and I cannot compare it to anything else. It has plenty of power for sure, but I can't compare it sonically to anything else. Sorry.

Yeah, eD redesigned their website and since then the featured cars have been gone. Maybe they'll reintroduce the feature again? I don't know if Ben is still working on the website.

BTW, how did you find this thread?

Comment

BTW #2, did you notice any difference after the Burr-Brown upgrade done to your T-2.100? Have you been able to do an A/B comparison? I ordered some op amps, but I haven't done the upgrade myself yet.

Comment

My flatmate actually found this thread and forwarded me the link. I guess he was looking for my stuff on eD's site, couldn't find it, and searched the web with Google.

As far as the Burr-Brown upgrade, I actually bought the amp with it pre-installed so unfortunately I have no comparisons. (It has to be done at the factory.) I did a lot of research on a couple of high end car audio forums and talked to folks who had the upgrade done. People universally agreed it helped with the high end frequencies noticably, and since it was only $50 more I went for it. (Well, I *think* it was only $50... my brain seems to have forgotten.) Regardless, this is by far the best sounding audio system I've ever had, and it's the first time that *no* equalization had to be done on my subwoofer frequencies. That eD sub (combined with a great install) is completely flat in response. I got really, really lucky on that one.
                    -joe
                    Nissan 350Z (click for info/pics)

Comment

Tsunami... I just heard on the radio that you killed 80 000 people with that, or is it something else...

Looks beautiful!
                      One day you are born,
                      The next big milestone
                      you discover go zoom-zoom
                      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

pics look great, i saw the process you took to build it. Colors look good with the 2 tone. Nice work! You should build and sell em.....youd make BANK!!!
                        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                        Beige 1994 Protege DX
                        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate it.

Joe, I bought some op amps from Digikey.com, and I planned on doing the upgrade myself, but I haven't had the time to do it. But if you're saying that it's a worthy investment, then I just might have to do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X