No announcement yet.

Need help!! (I'm a TOTAL newbie! =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol!! I did not understand all of your conversation regarding sub but hey! I'm feeling a lot more like I will need a sub.

Then, wich amp would be the best to fill the need of the Type X and the subs I would be getting one day. Just to prepare the system until I can buy a sub that could fit my system (in a couple of month).

Comment

the only amps that would fit into your sound scheme would be grossly under powered.. in other words, finding an amplifier that will efficiently power a pair of components and subwoofer together are very limited. your best bet is to just wait until you're ready and have everything installed then. if you're wanting to add a subwoofer and amp, then ask.. we have suggestions for that as well. the only thing is, if you're having the work done professionally, you're not going to save any money by having them install an extra amplifier now as opposed to later, at least in most typical circumstances.
      kevin

Comment

oh ok, now I think I understand. Its "normal" or "necessary" to have more than one amp in a system.

So to clear that up, I would be better buying the kit talked earlier (with the 9833 so it would be better when the time would come for me to add a sub, compared to the 9830.)

and then, to sum it up with that "kit":

Alpine CDA-9833
        Alpine MRV-T420
        Alpine SPS-690A Type S (6X9)
        Alpine SPX-177R Type X (6,5")

..I would have pretty good sound quality and "potential" to give it more quality by only adding another amp and a sub.

Am I right on this one???

again, thanks to all of you!

Comment

i'd hate to sell you on something just because it's more expensive or gives you the illusion of choice.. make an informed decision whether you're going with the 9830 or the 9833. here's the basic difference. everything is considered equal between the two units aside from these small differences. the 9830 offers digital time correction for Front Right, Front Left, Rear Right, and Rear Left speakers. the 9833, simply from what i'm assuming allows phasing of the subwoofers as well. digital time correction is a wonderful tool.. especially with i-personalize, but you'd truely have to be an avid audiophile or a true, sincere lover of music, or play music yourself to truely understand the benefits of this. moreso, the 9830 comes with a 4 band eq on tap. the difference with the 9833 is it comes with 5. the other differences are the crossover positions, the 9833 offers 3 additional steps. this allows you to adjust HOW low or high of a signal you are sending out through your speakers (ie filtering out LOW notes from your front speakers to prevent ****ty base and distortion, or filter out HIGH notes from your subwoofer rca's, the lower the better ). either way, knowing my personal tastes, i would buy either unit if the price were just right. with previous model year equivalents, alpine didn't offer built in equalizers in the models i wanted. needless to say, with all of this equipment, you have a high quality head unit (no matter which one you choose), great quality amplifier, excellent quality front speakers, and very good rears. it's a combination i would definately be proud of (yeah, if i had the money :p: ).

as far as amps, having a single amp is very common. having 2 amps, more often the norm for 'complete' systems. it's when you're considering running 3 amps, you seriously have to consider the load you're placing on your alternator and electrical system.. but likewise, a statement like that is to be taken with a grain of salt. two 1000 watt amps will wreak havoc on most electrical systems, let alone some of the monsters i've heard of with 4000+ watts of power. it's all relative to your individual needs and individual amplifer performance. personally with my entire setup, i have the potential to run 1000 watts at full throw with plenty of distortion.. IF my electrical system is 100%. but i've got everything split up between two amplifiers as my subwoofer amplifier produces frequencies under 80hz or so. my 4 channel amplifier pushes everything from 80hz up to my front and rear speakers. so for a decent system without subwoofer, one amplifier is all you need.
          kevin

Comment

Hello Again,

Ok I've finally ordered these products (thanks to all of you):

Alpine CDA-9833
            Alpine MRV-T420
            Alpine SPS-690A Type S (6X9)
            Alpine SPX-177R Type X (6,5")

I'm just waiting for those to arrive by mail! =) Now my other question is what do I need also to make sure the system will be install correctly and provide the better sound quality they can.

I'll have it installed by professionals but what else do I need...I mean, I saw that Blue Ledz had recommend me this thing...do I still need this kit? or another one ? And what else?

"http://www.knukonceptz.com/productD...m?prodID=KOLAK8
            $18 for a wiring kit for the amp."

and what is this? Do I need it? Where can I find this?:
            "say about $30 for the HU wiring harness and an install kit."

Finally, as I have a "double deck" unit right now, what do I need to buy also to make sure everything is fixed correctly?

You have all been a really good help and I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by MindOverMatter
              Finally, as I have a "double deck" unit right now, what do I need to buy also to make sure everything is fixed correctly?

You have all been a really good help and I really appreciate it. Thank you!
              Assuming you have a 99+, fitment can be easily made stock by purchasing a "DIN radio pocket." The best place to get this is from people with MP3's and MSP's who have replaced the pocket with a guage pod like myself. I don't have mine anymore but if you go to msprotege.com and post a wanted thread one will definately turn up. You should be able to get one for about $40 shipped.

Comment

not really knowing much about the aftermarket, the shop you intend to go to should definately have the parts and what not needed to install the system. ie wiring harness, kit, and hardware. blue ledz suggested the knukoncepts wiring kits because their wire is amongst the cleanest and noise free available on the market. quality of wiring can make a difference, but as such, most individuals cannot hear an audible difference between a $20 dollar scoche 4 gauge kit and a rockford/stinger/monster cable $100 dollar 4 gauge kit. the wiring kit he is suggesting is going to provide the signal feed and power to your front speakers, and the level of quality is definately there, i personally stand behind this. and the best part about their wiring kits, they're about 1/2 the price because there is no middle man, so you're able to buy quality for such a low price directly from the manufacturer. this option is say at $40 bucks tops, where as you're most likely going to find the shop you go to wants you to use one of their provided wiring kits at twice the price. my only suggestion to you, although it may be more expensive, it'd be cheaper in the long run for you to find a highly recommended shop in your area. the amount people charge can accurately reflect the quality of the work. i mean it's not true in all cases, but can be a safe generality. what i'm basically telling you is, don't stop by your neighborhood best buy or circuit city to have your equipment installed, ask around and find a good quality shop in you area. also i would suggest when you get the equipment installed, ask for all extra packaging, manuals, hardware.. anything they didn't use and just stow them away for a rainy day.. or read them... but why would we do that . In summary, i suggest:

-Buy a 4 gauge single amplifier kit off of Knukoncepts
                -Research your area custom shops and find the best installer available
                -Don't worry about wiring harnesses, kits and what have you, they'll sell you what you need and just put it on your bill

additionally, although it will most likely add another $150 to $400 bucks to have it done professionally (depending on how involved you're getting), research a little on sound deadening, this can also yield an advantage as far as sound quality. what they suggest could range from a simple $40 dollar door kit to $60 to $100 dollar bulkpak. i've seen a few installs where the sound deadening encompassed cost well upto $1500 dollars in parts and labor. i'm just suggesting.. because the sky is the limit in car audio, you could spend $3000 to $8000 dollars on a SINGLE sound system like Blue_ledz has done and still be unhappy. though most people would consider you crazy, there are the select few that are never happy. i have personally spent close to $2000 dollars in equipment in the past 2 years, and my next plans could probably encompass another $1500 if i had the money to do it.
                kevin

Comment

Working...
                X