No announcement yet.

got JACKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can do what i did ... that is install it in the cup holders as said above... but dave can get a stock kit that wil make the cd player fit in the cup holder spot pefectly

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
      you can do what i did ... that is install it in the cup holders as said above... but dave can get a stock kit that wil make the cd player fit in the cup holder spot pefectly
      Yeah that sounds slick, and I think I saw your or someones setup like that in a pic... I need to do something different because the dash kit that I have makes my cd player skip badly, I have adjusted it a little bit and its not so ad but theres nothing else I can do....

Anyways Sorry about your loss man, if you find who did it kick 'em in the teeth for me too!
      The Car:
      2003 Mazda Protege 5
      - Injen Intake
      - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
      - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
      - More Goodies to come....
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      The System:
      Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
      Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
      Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
      -
      Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
      Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
      Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrous
        Yeah that sounds slick, and I think I saw your or someones setup like that in a pic... I need to do something different because the dash kit that I have makes my cd player skip badly, I have adjusted it a little bit and its not so ad but theres nothing else I can do....
        is your rubber bump stop in the rear of the radio opening touching the back of your cd player.. that may attribute or help minimize your skipping problem. i had a skipping issue with my alpine, but that was due to the head unit kit just snapping in.. no mounting screws or anything
        kevin

Comment

the pager systems are about $500, I was just at the audio store today, because they broke my **** getting the HU out, and I asked about it. Now I have to fab up a new plastic tray and get a new trim kit . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

A guy I used to know had his car broken in to so many times that he took the law in his own hands. This was an '80 something vehicle where the radio was loosened from the back in order to be pulled out. He made an apparatus with razor blades attached to it. A couple of weeks later, his **** was broken in to and the radio still intact. There was blood all over the interior though.

Justice served!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
              is your rubber bump stop in the rear of the radio opening touching the back of your cd player.. that may attribute or help minimize your skipping problem. i had a skipping issue with my alpine, but that was due to the head unit kit just snapping in.. no mounting screws or anything
              kevin
              Yeah... that piece w/ the rubber bump stop... I ripped that out because my deck wouldn't go all the way in...
              The Car:
              2003 Mazda Protege 5
              - Injen Intake
              - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
              - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
              The System:
              -

Comment

oye, well, try try again is all that comes to mind.. tear out your console with radio deck intact and look behind the radio and see if there is anyway you can shove foam pads or something around the radio to 'absorb' some of the movement back there, aside from that, your guess would be as good as mine, as if you have the mounting kit literally 'screwed' in there, that within itself can cause the cd player to 'vibrate' with the car chasis.
                kevin

Comment

yeah, I might try rubber washers or something maybe that will help, also I noticed it skips more if its cold... whatever I will fix this shiz
                  The Car:
                  2003 Mazda Protege 5
                  - Injen Intake
                  - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
                  - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
                  The System:
                  -

Comment

here is my plan. since im doing a JDM conversion, ill get a JDm infini radio, put it in the stock place, and put my new HU in my cup holder slot.
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X