No announcement yet.

bass sounds like ass with rear deck rattling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never went out and priced Dynamat and I am sure doing the entire trunk would be rather expensive, but just for the rear deck isn't bad at all. I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars just to get the rattle out when a few to several years down the road, I would be trading the car in. With the stereo equipment, I can take it out, whereas all of the modifications I can't. Damn AA isn't working either:p:
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

edead is about a about a buck per square ft depending on how much you buy, 60 sq ft, 65 bucks.
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Thanks Walight, I am definitely check in to it. I have something for a quick fix to make the rattling tolerable, until I get enough to get it done right EDead is purchased through Elemental Designs? Do you need any thing like a heat gun or any thing? to get it to adhere to the metal? Dumb question, but I never used sound deadening materials in the past. Gotta start some time:p:

Groundkit

Comment

yeah, edead is through ED. you don't need a heat gun to apply it, but don't try to put it on when it's below 85 degrees without a heat gun, so right now in charleston would be a bad time to apply it, unless you use a heat gun course if you do it when it's 95 out, like when i did my roof and floor, you'll sweat your ass off you don't need to thoroughly clean the metal before you apply it, but i'd take a rag and some denatured alcohol or some other solvent that doesn't leave a residue to clean it up for better adheasion you'll also want to pick up a small wallpaper roller to really press it in place. using just your fingers is a bitch, and spending $10 on the dynamat roller is retarded:p:

Comment

Wow, I removed the rear deck (very easy to do) and took a test drive. What a difference!!! Now I wonder if I should just leave it. For those who used EDead and such, does it sound almost as good as having the entire plastic piece removed? If so, I want to do it for looks and function. I can hear the entire bass frequency instead of some along with lots of rear deck vibes. :p: I may keep it out for a while. It's exposing the cheap rear factory spkrs. which aren't hooked up. That will be a curve ball if some one walked by and saw it. My windows aren't tinted yet, but will do so next Spring. I don't want to have it done over the colder months (just doesn't adhere as well as the Spring or Summer).

Groundkit

Comment

You can always cut out the original metal rear deck and replace it with a nice 1" thick piece of wood! That woudl get rid of alot of vibration.

BTW...Your amp is on the way! Thanks!

Comment

as far as the plastic lid vibrating, the weather stripping will work better than sound dampening, which is designed to reduce sheet metal vibrations

Comment

I love those paper cone 6x9's (factory) with the "whizzer" tweeters! Whewhoo!! Hope no one is going to rip my exposed factory speakers there! Yeah, every thing sounds great and once I get Rider's JBL amp in, I won't have the light dimming. At least now with the lights dimming, you can hear the bass as I come up behind someone. Whereas before, it wouldn't be so loud (in the sealed box) and the **** would be dimming.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                  X