No announcement yet.

2 * 10" and 2 * 12"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helped another member install his front speakers, Tsunami? amp along with the e10k 10 inch sub in his car over the past couple weekends.

The sub sounds great with the music that he listens to and puts out some good base for a 10 inch sub (not taking up much space in a sealed box).

edesign makes some good products at a great price.

-R

Comment

edesign all the way. I got a E12k svc at first wasn't sure what I was doing just taking people word for it over the net but very VERY pleased with it. I have the Us acutstic 2150 running it
      02 Pro5
      Eibachs
      Kartboy shortshifter w/ bushings
      E.12k.14 sub w/
      2150 US Acouctics
      Some what tinted

Comment

I love my E12K DVC subs. They are in a ported box designed by Blue LEDz. The thing kicks ass. Great with any kind of music and believe me I listen to all kinds.
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

Yeah... my bud and I have decided to split on eD's special for 2 e12K.44s
          i should be able to build the ported box that eD has on their website..

now i just need to get a better amp.. my 500bd won't really put out what i'd like

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
            now i just need to get a better amp.. my 500bd won't really put out what i'd like
            Really??? My 501bd is rated at 629W @ 2ohm that is more than enough for 1 12"

Comment

sorry for my ignorance (i'm still learning 'bout audio), but doesn't the 500bd rate at 300w * 4ohm?

i mean.. that's what i read, and right now it's bridged to 2 PG QX104s.

if you'd care to explain how it works, that'd be nifty too... learning is a slow process

RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

According to RF website, the 500bd is rated at 300W @ 4ohm and 600W @ 2 ohm. That is at 14.4V, which means in the real world application (about 13.5V) you will be putting out less than that 600W. I would venture to say about 500W. That is, if you drive the amp at 2ohm. To do this, you either need 2 4ohm woofers wired in parallel or 1 DVC 4ohm sub. You would wire the VC in parallel to the amp to drive the amp at 500W. So in this case, you would want to get the e12k.44 if you are only going with one sub. 500W is plenty for that sub, trust me.

Comment

cool...
                  i've always gotten my friend (the audiophile) to install everything for me... but i wanna build the eD box myself and install everything.. is there a "how to..." anywhere that'd show me how to do what you just explained?

BTW - thanks for the explanation! every little bit helps

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

well, you've got the e12K.44's listed, which are the dual voice coil models. that means you've got two 4 ohm voice coils, so you hook the positives together, and the negatives together to get a 2 ohm load that's plenty of power for one 12K in a ported box i heard misterT's dual 12's in the boxes i built him, and they sound great the low freq's are sweet in it, and once he gets it adjusted with the low feq CD i gave him for the subsonic filter, it'll be a rock solid setup and he's only got 300 watts going to each sub

Comment

yeah after showing you the system, I got a kick with the factory 6x9's about to blow out of the rear deck:p: I get +1db with those passive radiators! As soon as I got home, I removed them. I am surprised that the paper cone didn't blow out of the basket with the way those things are moving. Even if I had aftermarket 6x9s that were hooked up, I don't know how much they could take with the bass moving them like that Funny as **** though. Next post would be "Weird noise coming from rear deck."
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                      X