Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gettin Kinda excited about installing my new amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you still have them in feb, i might be willing to take them off your hands for you
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
      if you still have them in feb, i might be willing to take them off your hands for you

hey back off, i've got claims on them

rider's amp looks sweet, and his system sounds great

Comment

we'll see about that rider, did you find out which components you are going to put up front??
        '02 classic red p5

Comment

Haven't made the final decisions yet, but so far I am leaning towards either the Kicker RS5c components or the Eclipse SC8352 components. They both sound really nice. I know the Eclipses are geared more toward SQ than the Kickers are, but hte Kickers get decent reviews and they are cheaper. I can get the Kickers for $150/set on ebay (like$350 retail), while the Eclipses are going for about $180.

Oh, and BTW...Blue does have first dibs on the Focals!

Comment

you can get those kicker componets on ikesound for 185. ebay is cheaper, but it alteast has some kind of warranty
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

Rider, did you try going with lower crossover settings on the focals?
              David A. Cameron
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
              stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
              2004 Cooperworks Mini
              2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
              Sine Pari

Comment

I believe that the tweeters are already at the lowest setting

Comment

have you tried putting the tweater at an off axis position. maybe low in the door and not aime tirectly at you???
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

Does the Fosgate give you more power than the JBL ever did? I can't wait to see the new set up. I still need to get a hold of a digital camera. I have Blue's boxes in replacing the old prefab one. Bass sounds a whole lot better too!
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

All of these suggestions are great if I was going to keep the current setup. But I am changing out the whole front setup.

Comment

A guy who I got my kick panels from has a pair of Boston Acoustics Neo ambient tweeters which he says dramatically improves the soundstage lifting it up since his speakers are in the doors. He told me that with that and the time correction (I believe) on his Alpine unit dramatically improved the SQ of his system. He has a page on Sound Domain Member ID is leebanger. Nice set up! The Bostons in his door (now) are the $1K a set models I know most of us don't have that kind of money to throw around, but the NEO 5T ambient tweeters are $200 a pair with crossovers are a little more reasonable. He has them in the pillars of the car. You have probably have seen the set up before, but if not, check it out.
                        Last edited by MisterT; 10-07-2003, 02:29 PM.
                        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                        Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                        X