My deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My deck

So I wasnt sure if I should post this in audio or electronics, because I think it might be an electonics problem. . .

OK, so the factory 'mazda' deck in my '98 protege LX was shot, it would play the radio, but the CD would skip randomly even on new CD's and generally misbehaved. . .

SO, I replaced it with a new Sony deck which worked fine, but now, a few monts into having it it is starting to skip, and to have abig delay prior to starting a CD. By delay I mean that I put in a CD and it 'thinks' about it for a while beforer playing. . .

I'm wondering if the car itself is causing this or if I should harasss Sony? Any experience with similar things?

Random note: fairly recently replaced my alternator and it got rid of the 4th cylider misfire code. . .weird.

Harass Sony. If the deck turns on at all then the problem is with it and not the car. Unless you are going over huge bumps at high speed all day every day and bouncing the hell out of it. Sony doesn't make very good car audio equipment, so it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
    X