No announcement yet.

does brand of amp matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant find the xxx for sale anywhere . do you know of a place.
    2002 LX:
    sony amp with FR 15" sub
    white gauges
    pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
    18" enkei rims
    pirelli PZero Nero M&S
    MagnaFlow Exhaust
    7" LCD monitor deck
    carbonfiber dash kit
    cold air intake
    wings west spoiler
    JBL 1100 amp with RE XXX sub

Comment

Manufacturer of car audio amps, amplifiers, speakers, and subs, subwoofers,components Nothing Beats the sound of RE Audio amplifiers, speakers, and subwoofers. Nothing ! The louder they are, the better they are.

They will send it to you directly or find a local retailer. Call the number on the contact page.

Comment

You'd think they can make a $1500 dollar subwoofer, they could spend $150 on a web designer to put some freakin content on their website!!! And hell, I think argueably, you'd get awesome sound out of just an SE or SX alone, a XXX 15 would sound unbelievably sickening. Only trouble is finding an amp capable of 1600 Watts RMS :p:. In all honesty brian, couldn't you run that sub efficiently enough with around half that wattage? Meaning, could you hit full excursion without distortion with half of what they're recommending RMS? Just curious myself.. after all, I AM running a Phoenix Gold 15 at the moment .
        Kevin
        P.S. All I'm really trying to say is, if a tight-ass, such as myself, were to dole out the cash for that hunk of aluminum and rubber, could I afford to spend the little I have left on a quality amp that puts out half of what they're asking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
          You'd think they can make a $1500 dollar subwoofer, they could spend $150 on a web designer to put some freakin content on their website!!! And hell, I think argueably, you'd get awesome sound out of just an SE or SX alone, a XXX 15 would sound unbelievably sickening. Only trouble is finding an amp capable of 1600 Watts RMS :p:. In all honesty brian, couldn't you run that sub efficiently enough with around half that wattage? Meaning, could you hit full excursion without distortion with half of what they're recommending RMS? Just curious myself.. after all, I AM running a Phoenix Gold 15 at the moment .
          Kevin
          P.S. All I'm really trying to say is, if a tight-ass, such as myself, were to dole out the cash for that hunk of aluminum and rubber, could I afford to spend the little I have left on a quality amp that puts out half of what they're asking for?

true power handling is based on the application. their rms rating is thermal only, same with the brahma's old 1600 watt rating. i tried running my brahma 10 with a 500 watt amp in a .5 cu ft sealed enclosure, based on the recomendation from steven at adire. it sounded amazing. the sub didn't quite reach full excursion, but it was moving enough. the smaller the enclosure, the higher the true power handling, meaning you use less space, but you lose efficiency. a larger enclosure requires less power, but you use more space. the amp i recomended isn't a 1600 watt amp, and actually puts out more power at 4 ohm rather than 1 ohm. but it's still only an 1100 watt amp. the enclosure would have to be on the larger side of their recomendations, depending on what power they base their recomendations on.

Comment

Originally posted by arlehk
            yea i might get some new speakers but why hook an amp up to them there already loud enough to make you go def at max vol. should i look at getting oh whats it called that thing that you hook up between your battery and amp the cylinder thing. also who sells that sub.

your speakers might be loud, but if you aren't amping them they are not clear and you are going deaf from distortion.

that cylinder thing is a capacitor, and do not bother with them.

Comment

so if i dont plan on getting another amp later on for my speakers would my 8-gauge wire work.
              2002 LX:
              sony amp with FR 15" sub
              white gauges
              pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
              18" enkei rims
              pirelli PZero Nero M&S
              MagnaFlow Exhaust
              7" LCD monitor deck
              carbonfiber dash kit
              cold air intake
              wings west spoiler
              JBL 1100 amp with RE XXX sub

Comment

Originally posted by arlehk
                so if i dont plan on getting another amp later on for my speakers would my 8-gauge wire work.

definitely not. 4 gauge is the minimum for that BPX amp.

Comment

I dont know about amps, all these talking gives me a headache. It may sound stupid and it is, when it goes to stereo systems I leave it to a buddy of mine to help in or let the pros do there job even If I have to strech the wallet a little.

ANyway, sounds interesting...

Comment

Working...
                  X