No announcement yet.

Sub pointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez LEDz, I know what you are talking about and what you wrote was hard to follow?!

Make a pretty picture/flow chart for everybody to follow?
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweetP5
      Geez LEDz, I know what you are talking about and what you wrote was hard to follow?!

Make a pretty picture/flow chart for everybody to follow?

that's what i get for posting first thing in the morning

1) set the high pass for the regular speakers to around 100 hz.
      2) set the low pass for the sub around 50 hz.
      3) turn up the volume to the maximum you'd play the regular speakers.
      4) adjust the low pass for the sub until it blends well with the regular speakers.

use all the different types of music you listen to when doing this. this is also a good time to adjust the gain on the sub amp to blend well with the regular speakers, if you haven't already done so.

Comment

Usually on most systems, isent it the general consensus to turn your system up 3/4'ths the way and tune from there, because anything above 3/4'ths dosent really do much but distort it
        Joe H
        2000 Chevy Impala
        3400 3.4 Liter V6
        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
          Usually on most systems, isent it the general consensus to turn your system up 3/4'ths the way and tune from there, because anything above 3/4'ths dosent really do much but distort it

that is a general rule for HU's. *most* cheaper HU's start to distort above 3/4's of full volume. i've run across a few that do not distort at all.

when dealing with amps, the gain on the amp is just to match the source signal from the HU or processors. depending on the voltage it's getting through the RCA's, all the way up or all the way down would be a fine setting.

the main reason for using 3/4 volume on the HU as a starting point is because music is not all recorded at the same volume. if you have a CD that is really loud, you don't have to turn the volume up as high. if you have a CD that is really quiet, you may have to turn it up past 3/4 volume. but since it was recorded lower, you'd have to turn the HU up a bit more to ever reach distortion. it just gives you some headroom.

Comment

Working...
          X