Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ripping the tweeters from a coax system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping the tweeters from a coax system?

hi
    i got a 5x7 infinity coax in the front.. i would like to know if anybody has experience ripping off / deinstalling the tweeters from the speaker and installing it elsewhere...
    Girls on Proteges

if they have seperate wires from a x-over network then it would be much easier. most coaxials run the tinsel leads through the cone of the larger driver. but judging from the pic in your sig, it looks like they have a seperate x-over network, and would probably have seperate wiring.

Comment

the infinity do have a crossover and lead to 4 plugs at the back of the speaker (2 for tweeter,2 for woofer)... so splitting the frequencies can be achieved.

my question rather pointed to the "locking"/installation of the tweeter on the woofer part of the speaker..that would be my biggest problem...
      Girls on Proteges

Comment

you'll probably end up breaking the plastic post. as long as you don't damage the tweeter or the larger driver in the process, you should be fine. i've heard of it being done before, but have never had the need to try it myself. i would suggest trying to twist the tweeter off because if it's just glued on the top of the post, then the twisting is the least likely way to damage either of the drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X