Kick panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lil Freek
    unrelated Q: what's the SPL on a e12K.44?
    That depends on the enclosure and the power you have. What you look for in specs are things like the XMax (the amount of excursion that woofer puts out). The more the merrier. My EK12's sound a lot louder in a ported versus the sealed that they were in. I have not actually measured in SPL what it is, but it would be interesting what it is now versus what it was in the old box (which is now an end table in my bedroom):p: A $90 end table with two round holes in it for shelving
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

hahaha. ok.
      i'm almost done building the ported box that's found on the edesign website for the e12k.44

i have an RF 500bd... so i dunno what to expect...
      where can i get the SPL rated? i'm just curious as to what my car can do.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
        hahaha. ok.
        i'm almost done building the ported box that's found on the edesign website for the e12k.44

i have an RF 500bd... so i dunno what to expect...
        where can i get the SPL rated? i'm just curious as to what my car can do.

that amp is more than enough for the sub you aren't going to get some high SPL number, since the box is designed for SQ. i'd wager to questimate it between 137 and 143 dB's, depending on positioning of the box. if you want to find out for sure, find a local shop that has an SPL meter. they'll probably charge like $10 to meter it, but then you'll know if you really want to do it right, you'll need to find a shop with an RTA and run pink noise through your system. don't worry, they'll know what it is that'll find the best frequency to run for the SPL test but since the box will have a nice flat response, i'd say try 46-47 hz, since that's about the resonant frequency of the sedans

Comment

Also, doesn't Rider69 have the same set up as far as amp/sub combo? I know he had a 12 inch ED sub (not sure, but I think it is the DVC), and he just got a Fosgate amp which was the 500bd I believe.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Working...
          X