Aura bass shakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aura bass shakers?

These look dumb or like a semi-scam but I'm curious if anyone's had any experience with them. For that price it almost seems worth buying just to mess with them.

I like the idea but its nothing an 800 watt bandpass 12" cant beat.

Comment

Oh, I would never use it to try and replace a sub. The idea (in my mind) would be to use them as a supplement to a small subwoofer to get a louder bass feel while still keeping the stereo at low volume. Nice clean bass sound but with a little extra kick. I seriously doubt these would do that for me... the response is probably not quick enough for good music quality.

Comment

i can't say i've ever used them. i think rider69 had tried some years ago. i heard it's best to mount the bass shaker to a board, and mount the board to the bottom of your seats.

Comment

I think for that price I'll buy some just to experiment. Any ideas about overpowering them, though? How much power would damage them?

Comment

i have no idea their power handling.

Comment

25W bass shakers.

25 watts and im guessing its not nominal wattage, but max watts for that price. i wouldn't even waste the money just to experiment.
              89 Supra Turbo
              87 RX-7 TII
              91 dx
              92 dx

Comment

Says 25W RMS 35W max on the page. The reason why I was asking is that I nearly always overpower my speakers to some extent, I know my boundaries on that, but I have no idea if these have the same properties of speakers or even how they function.

Comment

i wouldn't think they would benefit from being overpowered. i would imagine that they are a tad more fragile than regular speakers.

Comment

I just looked at these i have never seen them before i am also curious about them...you can even use them for your home stereo?......jnorion if you get some let me know how they are....
                    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      i wouldn't think they would benefit from being overpowered. i would imagine that they are a tad more fragile than regular speakers.
                      Yeah, I wasn't thinking I wanted to necessarily, but just that I don't have extra amps lying around and I was imagining running them on the same circuit as the subs, which would be ~80W each. That's assuming they had their own volume control, though.

Comment

"They vibrate the floor during explosive low frequency viewing moments to add an incredible sense of realism." and "they can produce several times the sensory bass effect of a subwoofer at a reasonable cost. Installs easily with 4 screws to the bottom of wood floors or to car seats." aka, they don't produce sound. That was taken from some home audio website.

I seriously would not buy those.
                        89 Supra Turbo
                        87 RX-7 TII
                        91 dx
                        92 dx

Comment

Originally posted by RX7_2ner
                          "They vibrate the floor during explosive low frequency viewing moments to add an incredible sense of realism." and "they can produce several times the sensory bass effect of a subwoofer at a reasonable cost. Installs easily with 4 screws to the bottom of wood floors or to car seats." aka, they don't produce sound. That was taken from some home audio website.

I seriously would not buy those.

if you can't hear low bass, what difference does it make if a sub shakes your seat or if a tactile transducer does?

the only application i can see for the bass shakers would be to supplement subs that cannot play down below 25 hz.

Comment

the only application i can see for the bass shakers would be to supplement subs that cannot play down below 25 hz.
                            That was part of it... I was also imagining that it would be nice to get a slightly more forceful bass feeling at low volumes without having to mess with the balance of the music. Keep the actual volume low so it doesn't **** with your ears but still feel it in the back of your seat when it hits. But again, this depends on the response time which I doubt would be quick enough.

Comment

if you can't hear low bass, what difference does it make if a sub shakes your seat or if a tactile transducer does?

i found another review that said they don't do anything at that frequency. i give up on this. you guys seem dead set on this being the best thing ever.
                              89 Supra Turbo
                              87 RX-7 TII
                              91 dx
                              92 dx

Comment

Working...
                              X