Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone guess what im gonna say? Alpine Type - R's

Comment

I knew immediately when I saw your name in my control panel screen as the last person to reply. Honestly I don't even know why I clicked on the thread, I already knew the answer.

Comment

are they that good? How much were they?
        My OLD Car

Comment

I got mine from a actual store so i got em for 215 ish but you can get them for around 140.... I say they are damn good... they sound damn wonderful and clean and would work great since your passengers complain about too much bass in the back... I personally think that they put out just the right amount of bass without an amp on them to do great as backspeakers since it is just fill.

Comment

lol proto2k... did I have that much of a influence on ya?

Comment

Also if you dont want the Type - R's...(dont know why you wouldnt) I would go check out some eclipse speakers... friend has a pair in his accord that are externally crossed over and sound great and paid only about $100 or so for them I believe they put out more mid-bass than the alpine, but the high's sound a lil harsher to me.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                lol proto2k... did I have that much of a influence on ya?
                Well not that much influence since I am rocking Polks in my car.

Comment

ok so maybe influence wasnt the right word... how bout annoy

Comment

I've done the speakers in the rear doors. They helped more than I thought they would. Sony's suck. I would much rather have 2 sets of the Infinity's. Espically since I paid 1/3 of the price for them. That was the only thing that got me to put them in the rear doors. It wasn't worth 100 bucks but 35 I can deal with. My Pioneers sound good for highs but I'm not too keen on the bass out of em when I've got the subs off. I want a set of tweeters but if you go with components you don't need them. This is what i've got.
                    I
                    I
                    I
                    V

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

OK my two cents-
                      First the "sweetheart deal" between Kenwood and Mazda is just that- I deal to sell Mazda the "upper end" of thier car audio hardware for the MSP, the MP3 and whatever else comes up. The products Kenwood sells to Mazda are solidly middle of the line.
                      Next- Use rear speakers for what you want in your set up. Many of us including me would tell you that rear speakers are for ambience, or rear fill, not for a primary soundstage- that is for the front speakers to do. 6x9 can be used and often are to supplement the bass of the front speakers of the system. But while they can go deeper than the front, don't count too much on the bass of any 6x9 to be adaquate for a system, particulary if you like bass and/or louder volumes. Get a sub is you like bass.
                      Now as to choice, I will beat a dead horse here, but I would suggest that you go listen to as many different makes and models of 6x9 speakers as you can find. If it requires a road trip, take it! Most car audio can be purchased by looking at frequency charts, Signal to Noise ratios, channel seperation, numbers and statistics. The only thing that you can't buy that way are speakers!!
                      Speakers are very subjective- I have in my shop two pairs of interesting mismatched speakers- one pair has almost identical frequency response curves, and they sound nothing alike. The other set have almost night and day frequency response charts, but sound almost like twins! I keep them both to show folks why to not purchase speakers by the "numbers".
                      So the numbers are the way to go, what is? Well, you will pay for them, and live with them, so I would say your ears are the best judge of what you will like the sound of. I know my taste in sound is very different from other folks. I have auditioned, listened to, and owned a lot of speakers in the past 20 years. I have prefered models, and even some suggestions for folks on occasion base on what they listen to at what volumes, but really-
                      find some speakers you like the sound of!! It doesn't matter what we think- you are the one who will hear them daily!
                      So take a couple of favorite disc and go auditioning, the process can actually be pretty fun, and will give you much bigger dividends over time when you get some speakers you like!
                      Good Luck- let us all know what you listen to, what you think about them and what you finally decide make the best music for your ears!!
                      David A. Cameron
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
                      stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
                      2004 Cooperworks Mini
                      2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
                      Sine Pari

Comment

wow that was unexpecting! Thanks a bunch bro! Im gonna head out to Circuit City and Best Buy and listen to all the speakers.
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                        X