No announcement yet.

new front stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm a fan of overpowering everything, but if you don't play it really loud, why bother? if you just want good sound, but don't want to worry about damaging your speakers, the USP200 will be fine as far as installing the amp, i'd just put it under one of your front seats. velcro or screw it down. this install kit will leave you with extra cable, but it's easier to get than peicing what you need together

i'll check those programs out i've got true RTA and winscope on my laptop now

Comment

Cool, what about my rear speakers? I still have those Alpine Type-S 6x9s which are rated at 50W RMS, 200W Peak.

Comment

keep running those off the HU no need to amp them

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
          keep running those off the HU no need to amp them
          really? why not? (just because they're only supposed to be rear fill?)

Comment

i blew those R's cuz I ran them at like 175 watts each at a volume of 20 out of 35 (which is louder than I listen to, I usually dont go past 18) for around 30 minutes or so... sounded great till we froze the cones... then we checked the max on the speakers and it was 140(oops) so thats why they blew...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              really? why not? (just because they're only supposed to be rear fill?)

yep think about being at a concert. do you face the stage, or the away from the stage?

Comment

haha pwnd!

ok not really but I hadnt said that in a while so i did.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                  yep think about being at a concert. do you face the stage, or the away from the stage?
                  I don't know man...
                  I mean - yeah, I face the stage, but in my case, I hear my rear speakers better than I hear the front ones and having all four sounds the best right now.

Anyway, I am going to order the USP200 in a second. I'm also ordering some of those bass blockers and I just wanted to get your approval. Would you recommend something else instead? I'm also ordering the amp kit from knukonceptz.

Comment

wait till you amp your front speakers it's a common mistake for people to think that rear speakers are more important than front ones, since typically rear speakers are larger than fronts, so more bass comes from them. if anything, get some mid bass 6x9's for the rear for added mid bass, if the components still aren't enough after being amped i personally like how 5.25" components sound over the 6.5's, but the 5.25's don't have enough mid bass course that's why i'm putting the 8's in the doors the 8's will be mid bass, the 5.25's will be mid range, and the tweets will be the highs:p: i've got the x-over chips made for my 4xs, so when the sub is in, the 8's will play 80 or 90 hz up to 200 or 300 hz, the 5.25's will handle the 200-300 up to 3.5 KHz, and the tweets will have above that i might set the low pass for the 5.25 and high pass to the tweets up higher, but i won't know where till i try them get the 85 hz bass blocker. that will do just fine for the components.

asylum, did you have a high pass x-over on the components? i'm going to be running 200 watts to each side

Comment

Allright, I'm ordering.

Comment

Hey blue, thanks a lot man! I have a new question now - what's the recommmended freq. range for my sub? I checked the eD site but found nothing. What freq-s is your sub playing?
                        Last edited by Intruder; 11-27-2003, 07:34 PM.

Comment

i'd keep it under 100 hz. i typicall don't try for over 110-120 hz at most out of a sub, but it all depends on the box. my first 6th order BP i had the low pass set at about 80 hz. the enclosure i have now i have it set around 110 hz. see how your components sound amped, and blend the sub in with them you don't want it to play any higher than it has to, so the lows are cleaner

Comment

cool what about the sub-sonic frequencies? my tsunami 1100d has two filters/crossovers - one is the subsonic filter and the other is the low pass crossover. I figure I'd have to set the low pass to 100-110Hz, but what about the sub-sonic filter?

Comment

blue, by the way, did you build (and test) that voltage divider?

Comment

you'll have to tune the subsonic by ear, but you'll probably need it set in the low 20's, if at all if you have a test tone CD, you can play a low freq note, like 20 hz, and turn the subsonic to 30 hz. play the 20 hz wave on reapeat, as loud as you play your system. then carefully lower the subsonic filter to the point that the sub bottoms out, or gets close to bottoming out. then turn up the subsonic filter a little, so you will never get it to bottom out a pure sine wave is as powerful of a clean sound wave as you can get, and it's the loudest thing you can run through a speaker. regular music will rarely have the purity and amplitude of a sine wave, so you won't need to worry about damaging your sub. and if by some chance it does, the subsonic filter will protect the sub from bottoming out.

no, i haven't built the voltage divider. i'm trying to decide how i want to make it, so i can have different ratios for different things. like my HU will need to step down about 4 volts. my 4xs will need to be stepped down from about 6 volts. then the USP200's will need a different step down, and so will my autotek amp and power acoustik amp i might make it so i have steps for 50, 75, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, and 2500-3000 watts

Comment

Working...
                                X