How to get the most outta your system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badger3114 View Post
    What are a some of the higher line of components out there?
    JL Audio, CDT, Diamond Audio Hex line, Rainbow, Focal, MB Quart.. anything above the DSE series, Rockford Fosgate fanatics series, Alpine type x comps are pretty decent aswell.

Comment

My system hits, but you can still hear the words if u have the speakers at -8 bass in the car, and the gain on the amp up.. hers mine:

Kenwood 48wx4 deck
      Kenwood 6x9s
      Rockford Fosgate Amp 300x2
      2 12'' MTX Subwoofers
      - Front speakers and faded off.

- Im selling my subs/box to a friend for $200, and buying a Alpine Type R 10''
      500watts RMS/1500W Peak
      It will be cleaner so thats good. My trunk rattles like hell and so does the interior of teh car if u have everyting off, i just dont want to tighten anything up.

pics are at my cardomain.. www.cardomain.com/id/patspontiac
      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
      Last edited by 96ProDX; 12-25-2006, 10:38 PM.
      **SOLD**
      Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Originally posted by 96ProDX View Post
        My system hits, but you can still hear the words if u have the speakers at -8 bass in the car, and the gain on the amp up.. hers mine:

Kenwood 48wx4 deck
        Kenwood 6x9s
        Rockford Fosgate Amp 300x2
        2 12'' MTX Subwoofers
        - Front speakers and faded off.

- Im selling my subs/box to a friend for $200, and buying a Alpine Type R 10''
        500watts RMS/1500W Peak
        It will be cleaner so thats good. My trunk rattles like hell and so does the interior of teh car if u have everyting off, i just dont want to tighten anything up.

pics are at my cardomain.. www.cardomain.com/id/patspontiac
        I had a friend with a pair of 12" type R's, they're a decent sub.

Comment

well after everything gets here i'll have a pioneer deck, kenwood 6.5's front, kicker 6.5's rear, and a 12 inch mtx road thunder powered by a profile 220 watt rms X 1 amp
          1990 Mazda Protege SE

cone air filter
          exhaust tip
          lx gauge cluster
          cupholders

Custom Sound System:

pioneer 4800mp headunit
          kenwood 1660s 6.5" front speakers
          kicker DS60 6.5" rear speakers
          2 MTX Roadthunder 12" subs in custom sealed boxes
          Profile AP700M mono sub amp (350 watts RMS)

Comment

i just redid my whole sound system the day after christmas. let me just tell you what all i got, how it sounds, what it all cost, and finally where it came from. keep in mind this was all christmas presents i got.

Sony Xplod cd head unit (180 watt)
            pair of 6 1/2 2 way speakers
            pair of 6 x 9 3 way speakers
            visonik 10" sub
            visonik sealed carpeted box
            visonik 300 watt amp
            monster cable wiring kit

it sounds awesome. probably the best performing sound system ive ever had. the head unit is really easy to use, has a sub out, independent low, mid, high, and sub control, aux in like most do now for mp3/xm/etc., and produces good clear sound. the components sound great, and the sub/amp are plenty loud/powerful enough for me. keep in mind im going from one working speaker (that was blown) and a tape deck from the early 90s, probably installed after the first owner bought it.

all this cost less than $200 new, in the box(es). my mom bought me the head unit/components as a package. it was $94.99. my fiance bought me the sub/amp/box combo for $49.99 and the monster cable wiring kit was another $30.

they bought it all at walmart, and i am super impressed because i had very low expectations for all this stuff. i remember when i was 16 (8 years ago) and it would have been $1200 for this good of a system. the cheap stuff back then really REALLY sucked.

the company i work for is a dealer for Visonik's home and professional audio systems, and they do make good stuff for home and pro install, so i didnt figure quality would be a concern on that part. ive always like sony, even though their ps2s dont work worth a ****, some of the ps3s wont turn on, and if you've got one of their laptops you might be typing on a hand grenade.

i would say if you want a cheap, really well rounded audio system in your car but you're strapped for cash, this is the way to go. walmart ftw!
            sigpic

Comment

hey this is the chance to chow off my ****!! **** yeah!! lol
              well i have 2 12" memphis subs with an 800wats kenwwod amp and in the interior some tweaters and some pioneers on the rear seats my head unit is pioneer to heres the pics(there from september but i still have the same ****) i dont care how gay my sounds are but it makes my chest hurt for only $80 for everything also what i have that doesnt show on these old pics i have a punch capasiter and a bass regulater control

Check out my vBPicGallery homies!

Comment

I removed all of my audio **** from my car today. That took awhile.

Comment

whats the deal with your car man, are you getting rid of it or what? i know you said you were trying to get another one. . . whats the deal.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                    whats the deal with your car man, are you getting rid of it or what? i know you said you were trying to get another one. . . whats the deal.
                    Yup, it's sold. I'm picking up a new one this weekend.

That's one of the things I've been so busy with lately.

I'm leaning towards the fat fives man.

I won't make a decision until I see either of the sets of rims though.

Comment

i got 2 12" L7, with one jl 1/500 and i knock like crazy. i dyno matted the hell out of my car. and it sounds great. but there is still a bunch of little **** that rattles. i just got home from iraq. ill post pictures later.

Comment

Originally posted by StillenProtege View Post
                        i got 2 12" L7, with one jl 1/500 and i knock like crazy. i dyno matted the hell out of my car. and it sounds great. but there is still a bunch of little **** that rattles. i just got home from iraq. ill post pictures later.
                        Good to hear you made it home safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X