Post pics of your trunk setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pimpprotege69
    Dam careful with that kit. Watch out for those dips and potholes.
    I can't stop staring at your sig.:p
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
      This goes for me. NO ONE will EVAR own me :p or my box

which reminds me I cant own anything nice. I cracked my kit already

haha, she said.... "own me or my box"

im goin to stfu now
      Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by impact
        Here's my setup. Kinda simple but clean

Now see everyone... he has type R compontents... Now lets all say this together.... "Asylum24 and Impact have good tastes and know speakers when tehy hear them." Good class :D hehehehe giggle giggle!

Comment

what it used to be like......

And the Cleaned up look with a better Sub

JL10W0, nice bump for the cost in a sealed box. Note: the Amp is hidden behind the sub. this setup gives me more room and looks alot nicer then all the wires hangin everwhere.

Maroon 1995 Probe SE
          Beige 1994 Protege DX
          Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Hey Guys,

So I am a long time poster at protege5.com etc...

but this is my dealio:

My custom trunk enclosure is in, with a little bit of work still left to do, but we are waiting on parts that had to be ordered.

It has a Phoenix Gold 1.0 Farad Cap
            Phoenix Gold distribution block
            JL Audio 300/4
            JL Audio 500/1
            4 JL Audio 8W3v2 8" subs

All told it raised the floor of the trunk about 4 inches. Could have been lower if I didn't do plexi over the amps.

The box is about 3.1-3.2 cubic feet. And I was told we could squeeze 2 or 3 10" subs in there and just change the top piece of the box in the future if I ever wanted to change. I am very happy with how it sounds right now though. I do need to dyanamat the car still.

This is what it looked like today. Missing are removable grills to protect the subs, neons inside the amp areas, custom cover (probably me hacking up the stock trunk liner) to protect it during everyday use. I can even use the cargo net still. More pictures will be taken later and details on the full system when it's done. I'll have some pictures of the install in progress after I get a roll of film developed from inside the camera I left with the shop.

The full thing:
            2003.5 Blazing Yellow Mazdaspeed
            #1524 of 1750

Engine Mods:
            <MARQUEE>1st MP3 Ground Wire Kit, HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer, AWR Front and Rear Motor Mounts</MARQUEE>
            Apperance Mods:
            <MARQUEE>Catz H4 Dual Beam HID, Tint, Carbon Fiber Mazdaspeed Oil Cap, DaveB Brushed Gauge Rings, Aluminum Battery Tie Down</MARQUEE>
            Audio Mods:
            <MARQUEE>JL Audio 500/1 Sub Amp, JL Audio 300/4, 4 JL Audio W3v2 in custom wheel well enlcosure, Arc Audio 6.5" comps and coaxials, Kenwood KDC-X969, Sirius Satellite Radio, Security by Clifford</MARQUEE>
            Thanks to 1st MP3 for scrolling sig idea.

Still Dreaming of an RX-8 with a six speed BUT I Love My MAZDASPEED

Comment

jrodhotrod, i said it on the other board, and i'll say it here, i love that nice clean setup not flashy like a fiberglass setup, but very classy

Comment

That's extremely kick-ass jd. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by maz94protege
                  what it used to be like......

And the Cleaned up look with a better Sub

JL10W0, nice bump for the cost in a sealed box. Note: the Amp is hidden behind the sub. this setup gives me more room and looks alot nicer then all the wires hangin everwhere.

i wouldn't mind having a few of the old solo-barics
                  '02 classic red p5
                  currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
                  X