Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring

Can anyone tell me what color's are the wire's that go to the positive and negative on each speaker in the car
    i'm gonna replace the speakers before i get a new head unit
    appreciate any help
    Currently Own:
    2000 Mazda Protege 1.6L DOHC 5spd
    2003 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab 2WD Auto 4.2L V6
    2004 Dodge Intrepid(wife's car)

Mod's on Protege: purchased(02/7/08)
    New Spark plugs

Coming soon:
    Blue Ground Lights, New Wire's, New Head Unit
    Subwoofer's(thinking)

dang....the 2000 fsm I have is crap. no wiring diagrams at all, mostly diagnostic...so worthless.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

When you'll be taking off the speakers, just look where they connect before you unclip/cut new wires and just don't forget lol

but i think the best way to go is to take out the old speaker wire and run new thicker speaker wire.

what are they anywho?
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

assuming there is no labeling on the speaker as to what is + (there wasn't on my '90) just pick one, and if its the same at the deck, go with that. If its not the same from the speaker to the deck, grab the multimeter and start testing for consistency.

Unless you're running some super badass speakers and you have God's ears, upgrading wiring is a crock in a car. 18ga easily supports 90% of what the market has to offer.
        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
          assuming there is no labeling on the speaker as to what is + (there wasn't on my '90) just pick one, and if its the same at the deck, go with that. If its not the same from the speaker to the deck, grab the multimeter and start testing for consistency.

Unless you're running some super badass speakers and you have God's ears, upgrading wiring is a crock in a car. 18ga easily supports 90% of what the market has to offer.
          If you are trying to locate a certain speaker from the deck you can use a little rectangular 9 volt battery to test the wires (+ wire to + terminal, - wire to - terminal) Just be certain that the wires you are testing are the speaker wires. You will not damage the speakers using this technique but if you sent a pulse down an airbag wire for instance you will explode the air bag... I've seen it done when trying to locate door speakers... When you make contact with the correct wires you will hear static in the speaker. Good luck!
          miss my '93 LX at every corner
          photo album
          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

if you get one of the aftermarket head unit wiring kits they label what each wire is on the plug to the factory harness.

I worded that piss poor.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

lol we all have dumb moments no prob i got some Farenheit 5 1/4's for the rear doors and i might have some 6x9's laying around somewhere
              Currently Own:
              2000 Mazda Protege 1.6L DOHC 5spd
              2003 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab 2WD Auto 4.2L V6
              2004 Dodge Intrepid(wife's car)

Mod's on Protege: purchased(02/7/08)
              New Spark plugs

Coming soon:
              Blue Ground Lights, New Wire's, New Head Unit
              Subwoofer's(thinking)

Comment

Working...
              X