What kind of subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of subs?

I am in the market for some subs for my 1st gen Pro. I am looking for either 2 12's or one 15. I have a Alpine MRD-M1005 amp, which is rated at 700rms @ 4 ohms, and 1000rms @ 2 ohms. I'm looking for a setup that can handle that abuse for a while.

In the past I have had a Power Acoustik MOFO-15, 2 Lanzar MaxPro15's, 2
    12" MTX 4000 series, and a Lanzar Pro 15, which all have been run off of this amp.

I was looking at getting a Kicker (1) Solobaric L7 15, a (1) Cadence ZRS12-1000-2, or (1) a Cerwin Vega Stoker 124.

I havn't really looked into anything else, but I want to have some opionions on some different kind of setups. My have a budget of about $180- $250 for the sub(s), so give me some personal exeperiences with some subs here!

I like low bass, like real low, and the mofo15, went really lowww. Thanks ahead of time.
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

I like RF punchs. I have personal experience with stage ones Stage 2s are decent price and are close to your budget. Personally I want some stage 3's
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

IMO don't get a 15, it's very hard to make those sound good...and come on it's a tiny 1st gen, i think go with the 2 12' i have MTX subs, forgot their name, but it's the competition rated crazy subs lol. a buddy of mine has one 12 or 10 (sry i forget) Alpine type R and that sucker hits hella hard but i forget how much either of them are worth, might be out of your budget range

basicaly i like Alpine or MTX
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

The alpine type r 12 is looking tempting. I mean, I do have the alpine amp, and head unit. The sub should be a good addition. Any personal experience with the 12?
        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

I have the 10 inch type r, and it hits hard. Harder than any one 10 inch sub I've ever heard anways...The 12 would probably be even better.
          Tyler has spoken

Comment

What amp do you have running it?

Comment

Alpine MRP M450 Mono amp. It's 440 watts RMS max at 2ohms.
              Tyler has spoken

Comment

I'd rather have two apline type e's than one type r.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                  I'd rather have two apline type e's than one type r.

Really? May I ask why for?
                  Tyler has spoken

Comment

IMO
                    2 mid grade 12's>1 mid-high grade 12.

Clearly op is not looking to break the bank or he'd just go all out and get the type x.

The type e's sound damn good for the price and take all sorts of abuse that they shouldn't.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

True, although I wouldn't really consider the type e's and the type r's to be both mid grade subs. The type e's yah, but the r's are better. I dunno, I've always like 1 sub verses 2 better. I just find I like it better with sound clarity and response and the such.
                      Tyler has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by theredrocket View Post
                        True, although I wouldn't really consider the type e's and the type r's to be both mid grade subs. The type e's yah, but the r's are better. I dunno, I've always like 1 sub verses 2 better. I just find I like it better with sound clarity and response and the such.
                        Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                        IMO
                        2 mid grade 12's>1 mid-high grade 12.
                        The type r is a better sub than the e.
                        But I think op would prefer 2 subs.
                        Upon Re-reading orignal post recomend the type s because of his amp.
                        2 of those would be like ~$100 more than one 12.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Ah I misread your your post. You sneaky guy, you wrote "2 mid grade 12's>1 mid-high grade 12" I missed the "high" in the second part.
                          Yah, two type s would be a good choice. They are nice subs.
                          Tyler has spoken

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into the type s's and see what i can find as far as reviews and prices.

Comment

Does anyone have any comments of the types s 12?

Comment

Working...
                              X