Alpine Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine Type R

How do you guys feel about alpine type r subs? how durable are they? Im getting some next month and i hear really good things. I need something that hits clear bass and pounds loud! Ill have 2 wired to a Rockford Fosgate 1001bd amp. What do you thiink?

Really good subs, are you going for 10s or 12s? I'm running 2 12s in my 323 and they sound great. You wont get the full potential out of them with that amp since they are 1500W each, but they'll still hit pretty hard. I'm running a Kenwood 1800W monoblock with mine, which is still underpowered, but i dont want to overload them as well. The box makes a big differerence with these subs, I have specs for them if you arent getting an actual Alpine Type R box.
    1993 Mazda 323 - BP conversion, Front cross drilled rotors, Front and rear strut braces, Filled motor mounts, Mx3 seats, BPT conversion in progress SOLD

1993 Mazda Mx3 GS Stock for now

Comment

yeah i wanna go with 2 12's, im eventually gonna up the amp to max the capability. But that 1001bd pounds HARD I used 2 audiobahn flame q's 12"S and broke the rear bumper clips off the car and almost dropped the bumper on the ground haha But they split up because i played them loud in winter weather haha my bad i guess.

Comment

Haha, yeah, I've blown up a few subs myself. I think they look for roughly 0.85cuft sub box sealed each side and 1-1.75cuft for ported for the 12" type Rs to get ideal sound out of them.
        1993 Mazda 323 - BP conversion, Front cross drilled rotors, Front and rear strut braces, Filled motor mounts, Mx3 seats, BPT conversion in progress SOLD

1993 Mazda Mx3 GS Stock for now

Comment

how is the type r as far as cooling? do you smell the coils often or what? whenever i smell that annoying smell i turn my stuff down to fast lol

Comment

I have my 2 12's in a 1cu ft each sealed, and sound pretty good. Powered by the alpine mrd-m1005. 1000 rms at 2ohm. Beats hard.
            My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
            X