No announcement yet.

best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for good bass and without the subs... just get kicker 6x9's and use the amp on them it'll hit pretty good for just 6x9's

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
      for good bass and without the subs... just get kicker 6x9's and use the amp on them it'll hit pretty good for just 6x9's
      for the cheapest way to do things, without comprimising SQ or bass response, this is a very good idea. find some 6x9 midbass drivers without tweeters on them for even better bass response. then add the CDT's up front, and it'll be a sweet sounding system for a rather cheap price. also, you need to sound deaden around the area the speaker mounts to, as well as under the edge of it. 10 sq ft of e-dead should work very well to do 2 layers on the front doors and rear deck.

asylum24, those components are sweet:D i've only heard rainbows in one vehicle, but they sounded sweet

Comment

would i be compromising anything by just having mid bass coming from the back and just having 2 speakers giving me the 'high' sound?

Comment

i purchased the CDTs and the e-dead stuff. now all i need is the amp and to decide what rear speakers i should get...

Comment

-focal utopia components, $1200+ retail
            -cdt eurosports, $500+ retail

i really like these. of the two, the cdt's would be my choice cause they are cheaper. :D
            -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
            >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
            **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

6 X 9 midbass is like an oxymoron, im not finding them at all, am i just going to have to use the mounting adapter to put midbass drivers in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by dafoo21
                6 X 9 midbass is like an oxymoron, im not finding them at all, am i just going to have to use the mounting adapter to put midbass drivers in the rear?
                sorry, i believe most companies are calling them 6x9 subwoofers, rather than midbass i know MA audio has a set of 6x9 subs, and they are only $65 on thezeb:
                The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

i thought kicker had a set too, but i can't find it
                or you could go with a set of 6" midbass with an adapter.

Comment

no need to say sorry bro, uve been very helpful

Comment

so if i bought the subs from MA audio, id be spending my money wisely?

i still dont understand how id be having a good sounding system with just having 2 front speakers giving me my highs and my back giving me bass...

Comment

Hey if you want ot hear my setup let me know. I have rear speakers but have them faded out of the equation. It sounds better without the interference of the rear sound. With a good set of components up front and good imaging, you do not need the rear speakers. At least as far as I am concerned.

Comment

yea, im just a lil weary of doing that because i remember how speakers sound when i fade the sound just to the front speakers, it just sounds like something is missing

Comment

yea, im just a lil weary of doing that because i remember how speakers sound when i fade the sound just to the front speakers, it just sounds like something is missing
                          actually, ur sound should come from the front for correct imaging. however, i found ppl have different tastes and biases so maybe rear fill is necessary. i have rear fill cause i have tv's for the ppl in the back.
                          but generally a solid frontstage is all that's needed.
                          -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

so i went to sound advice today and bestbuy and this is what i have decided. im going to keep subs but im just gonna have one 10 or 12... imma keep my current amp for that. for my mid ranges im gonna look into the boston nx model and for an amp, the guy at sound advice recommended i go with the eclipse ea3422 or something around there. 4 channel amp with 50 watts to each channel, this sounded low but he told its 50 "true" watts saying its going to constantly be giving off 50 watts all the time to each channel and other brands that advertise 50 true watts isnt tellin the truth.... any comments/advice?

Comment

so i went to sound advice today and bestbuy and this is what i have decided. im going to keep subs but im just gonna have one 10 or 12... imma keep my current amp for that. for my mid ranges im gonna look into the boston nx model and for an amp, the guy at sound advice recommended i go with the eclipse ea3422 or something around there. 4 channel amp with 50 watts to each channel, this sounded low but he told its 50 "true" watts saying its going to constantly be giving off 50 watts all the time to each channel and other brands that advertise 50 true watts isnt tellin the truth.... any comments/advice?
                              Being that I sell and install all the same stuff up here at Tweeter, I can tell you those are great products.

That amp for $250 retail is the steal of the century. He was right that the 50x4 is an RMS power rating and not max like many amps over at best buy list peak power numbers which are incredibly inflated and totaly BULL****!

I just had a buddy come in and buy that amp from me also, I love that thing for a flexible 4 channel at $250 retail there is none better.

If you want I am sure any of the boys here can explain the difference between peak and rms values, I won't bore you with that just yet :D.

Comment

it sounded good to me too but alot things can sound good lol. i went looking for those products at the list of places online that Blue listed but i came up empty, i was disappointed cause i wanted to get the products a lil cheaper =\

Comment

Working...
                                X