No announcement yet.

best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can hide the crossovers in the doors behind the metal. Just velcro them so that they don't fling around loose inside your doors when you open and close them. Mine are under the seats because I have kick panels, but could have had them mounted else where, but figured **** it and mount them under the seats.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

graphic... lol

Comment

looks like i have to buy an extra set of wires because they didnt come with the wires that were suppose to be supplied.... the tweeter wires are pretty short, am i mounting them below the dash like at the bottom of my glove compartment?

Comment

but dont i have wires running to my current speakers now? so dont i just snip those wires off my current speakers and feed them into the cross over then have wires feed the speaker from the cross over?

Comment

so it is finally complete! i have the CDTs in.... the only real noticable difference that i hear is that they have more bass but ive only heard them for like 5 mins so i havent broken them in. what i did with the front speakers was that i used the stock speaker wire that was already in the car and fed it into the crossover because shouldnt that wire be powered from the amp? i would hope so! and i just bought extra wire for the fed from the speakers into the crossover so im hoping i did this all right...

Comment

I was going to give you some answers, but you beat me to it I see. Where did you end up mounting your tweeters? I snipped the factory wires and used them, but kept the speakers (in a box with the factory plugs attached to the factory speakers so I won't loose them). The tweeter wires are short because it is best to keep the tweeter with in so many inches from the woofer. It is okay though if you mount the woofer in the door and the tweeters in the pillar in the corner of the doors. The speakers should sound better, but once you put a bigger amp than the head unit's built in amp, you will notice a nice improvement of sound quality along with a little more bottom end

Today I spent the day running 4 gauge wire from my alternator to my fuse box and from there to my battery to get the dimming headlights under control when the bass hits, so I wasn't online for long and it was at odd times of the day. It still dims. but the dimming is only enough to notice. I say F--k it because I have done every thing possible minus getting a bigger alternator and the head lights still dim at higher volumes. I give up being frustrated with this ever since installing the **** in my car in June I think it was.

Do you have a web site? When you get a chance, post some pics I hear that CDTs are nice.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

Working...
              X