No announcement yet.

Help or Info to Remove factory radio Mazda 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, if anything, the removal of the HU on the new mazda 3 is going to be a PITA.

I don't even think the mechs at the dealer will know anything about it.......yet anyways

i would just handle the one disc thingy(i know, it is hard) until some info comes out of it and then change it yourself or take it to the dealer

or you can take a chance yourself, but it is a brand new car, not worth damaging anything in it

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Anybody found out how to remove the radio yet?

I know the factory stereo is not that good

I went to the dealer to try and buy a service manual but none is available yet. Crap

Everyday I look at the RF MP3 changer in my office
      I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

Originally posted by M3turboca
        Anybody found out how to remove the radio yet?

I know the factory stereo is not that good

I went to the dealer to try and buy a service manual but none is available yet. Crap

Everyday I look at the RF MP3 changer in my office

i've been too busy to go to the dealership while at the dealership did you talk to a mechanic? they should be able to tell you how to remove it.

Comment

went searching for an answer... appears to be pretty easy once you get an where to pull and how much tension it may take?
          Sorry, I didn;t take th pictures so I can't explain but I can see how it is removed as you check out the pictures. Hopefully this helps you out.

'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
          -Dean
          2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
          18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
          Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
          MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
          Injen CAI - Polished
          Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
          DaveB trim rings
          Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
          Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
          Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
          Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
          Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
          Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
          Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
          Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

great work

Comment

Dean thanks for the info can you send me the link where you found it.

The reason is I want to ask the person how did he install the aftermarket radio as I want to change mine too. If he bought or made a custom adaptor plate.

Great work but the close up of pull here cant see exactly where on the trim.

Thanks again very helpful.
              I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

It appears to be all custom made with radio support bracketry. Been there done that in the past.
                Regardless here is the info.
                Found it at mazdaworld.org . UserTag is msaeger
                msaeger@mn.rr.com
                Read a few of his posts, he seems like the kind of guy that would help you out. Sorry upfront for the link to another mazda site, some admins don't like this, if so David, just tell me and I will not do it again. So to continue on your statement on it being a pain in the arse to get to it looks much easier than the PR5 since the heat/air control wires aren't involved. I would suggest not trying to remove the long dash strip if your car is sitting out in the cold, if possible get it inside and let it acclimate or use a blow dryer on it first to get it plyable.
                Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 01-08-2004, 10:21 AM.
                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                -Dean

Mods:
                Injen CAI - Polished
                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                DaveB trim rings
                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweet
                  Sorry upfront for the link to another mazda site, some admins don't like this, if so David, just tell me and I will not do it again.

dont' worry about it some admins are dicks, too, but dave is cool about stuff. remember, the site is for all of us, that's why he/we started it

Comment

Dean thanks for all the info its appreciated.

The guy that works for me was a car stereo installer for 10 years and he said make sure that trim is warm.

I said to him if I drive the car and I have the heat on full balst the car interior is compeltey warm seats and door plastic including the dash and metal.

The pictures helped.

I see how its removed you have the open the glove box and from there I stuck my fingers under neat the trim and it moving a little. He has little trim tools to remove clips.

The car is going into the dealer after the 14th of Jan there seems to be a problem with the air bag sensor light being on. This is the 2nd one the dealer has reported the sensor in the hood not working. So the air bag now will not inflate in a crash now.

When the part comes in he will change it for me. He said wait till the dealer change it as some dealers can be pricks and blame it on the radio mod.

Ps: Looking on the photo closely I see where it has an indent to pop the clip and then slide the trim to the left to unclip the right side.
                    Last edited by M3turboca; 01-08-2004, 12:51 PM.

Comment

maybe we should give the guy who did the photos some tips on touching up the plastic strip between the console and glove box.. I hate it when that happens.
                      -Dean

Mods:
                      Injen CAI - Polished
                      DaveB trim rings
                      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Hey M3

What RF mp3 unit do you have?

I have the RFX 9000 and I love it!! too bad the damn remote cost 50 bux

Comment

I bought the JVC CH-X1500RF since this is my winter car thats leased I did not want to change the factory deck as currently there is no mounting kit available .

Once they come out with a mounting kit then I can add a JVC deck and remove the RF section.

In my summer car I currently have 3 Sony changers. Two CDX-757MX that play MP3 and cdrw and a CDX-747.

Crap the Sony lasers are quite worthless in playing back the cdrw disc. I constantly erase and add new song once every two weeks and the Sony can only play back certain cdrw without any problem.

The crap sticks and skips.

The weird thing is my Sony head unit the CDX-MP70 can play back any cdrw without a hipcup. The ones that cant play in the changer plays fine in the head unit go figure.

The Jvc although its cheap plays back any cdrw.

Here is a link to my bmw and mazda 3 under car pictures: www.picturetrail.com/mturbopower
                          Last edited by M3turboca; 01-09-2004, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Clear pic of the trim removed

My guy is now installing the RF changer here is a clear view of the trim with all the chips so beware of them all.

He just showed me where he mounting the controller is where the ash tray is he removed it and mounted the display in there it fits and the cover can still close.

There is a clip on the dead left of the trim a total of 4 plus the one on the right that you have to slide.

Where the radio display is you can screw a plate I guess to cover up the hole when you install a after market radio.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by M3turboca; 01-12-2004, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Mazda crap design for fuse box

There looks like a entire fuse panel behind the glove box that looks like you have to remove to gain access to.

Now I know why Mazda is going to charge so much to change fuse the user can not.

Do you know when I called and asked Mazda if I cant figure out how to remove the radio that bastards was saying 1.8 hours to remove and re install it back for me saying its lots of work.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Radio removed empty dash

Lots of space when you remove the radio

Crap hope that they come out with a mounting plate real soon as the Jvc RF sounds like crap when the volume is up loud between tracks you can hear a hissing type sound and low level noise.

There is definately trebble and bass loss compared to playing a cd in the factory deck. Sounds worse than the fm.

Im taking it back out the Jvc did anybody need any specific pictures taken?

Thank god the cd changer can be converted directly to a Jvc deck without the rf adaptor.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by M3turboca; 01-13-2004, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X