about to have a new addition to my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asylum24
    remember 6 months ago when i thought my type R 12 was bad ass and argued it against everything(ahh so young I was).... well that thing makes it look like a type S 5.25 coax lol
    Weren't you still arguing the type R a couple of weeks ago? :p:

Comment

well, i finished the box today. that was a helluva lot of work. i had to design and build it so that it would be assembled in the car. it was a major PITA, but it's worth it. i'll get some pics up tomorrow, hopefully. just a guestimate, but i'd say in the daily driving configuration it's doing right around 150 dB on an audio control meter, so as long as i get over 143 when i test it on my termlab tomorrow, i'll be happy

Comment

it's a big bitch:

Can you hear me now?
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

holy crap...

2000 White Protege LX
          Sumitomo 195/60HR14
          2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
          Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
          Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
          Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
          Kenwood Music Keg
          Black Widow Keyless Entry
          Intake- Custom SRI
          Clear Corner Lights
          APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
            holy crap...

nice avatar

misterT, WHAT?! i didn't hear you

Comment

Yeah, you won't be hearing ANYthing after driving to work and back with that thing in your car...

Comment

here are the pics:

this is the inside of the box, if you were looking from the front of the car to the rear:

looking from the rear:

fitting the top piece:

partly installed in my trunk:

the top piece and sub have to be put in the car together:

mounting ring attatched with 12 nylon lock nuts:

yeah, that's the only place that i could easily install the amp:

there is literally no room left in my trunk:

about 250 lbs of pure madness

Comment

madness...purely insane!!!

Comment

Damn, and I was just looking for a ten to put in my trunk...

Comment

have you put it on the meter yet? i guess its time to put the factory springs on in the rear again huh
                      '02 classic red p5
                      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                        have you put it on the meter yet? i guess its time to put the factory springs on in the rear again huh

no, i'm hoping to get it on the meter today. i can't meter it in the parking lot of the hotel i'm staying at, cause i don't want to piss everyone off and it's going to take 15-20 minutes of testing, since i'll have to remove port covers and what not. i'll probably test it with 1500 watts today, and take the best configuration of that and test it with 2500 a few days later, so i know my battery is fully charged

Rider69, yep, it's pretty well retarded i'll be ordering the xterminator paint on deadener from ED to paint the entire rear of my car, inside and underside.

jnorion, don't worry, i've had a 10 in a box almost that big

Comment

How long do you think you'll actually leave this in your car? I mean, I actually use my trunk once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                            How long do you think you'll actually leave this in your car? I mean, I actually use my trunk once in a while...

lol, i won't take it out so that i can use the trunk, unless i'll be using the trunk for another enclosure i've gotten used to not using my trunk course my back seat is a mess, but it keeps me from having people ride back there. needless to say that this box will be in the car for a while. it's going to take about an hour worth of time, a cordless screwdriver, and a sledge hammer to remove it

Comment

so i got around to metering my car today. with 1500 watts and the box tuned to 23 hz it hits 140.something. unplug the ports and play 55-56 hz and it does a 142.47 on my termlab, which would be about 149 on an audio control. i think with less trunk lexing, better directing of the sound waves, cranking the amp down to .75 ohms, and having 2 or 3 people pushing on the trunk lid i could do over 145 on my meter

Comment

I know what you mean about trunk space? You get used to not having it every once in a while. I have a screwdriver in my glove box when/if I get a flat tire. How are you dealing with that Blue? Have your cel phone handy at all times because I know I would never leave your car sitting on the side of the freeway. 250 pounds?! That is sweet. I thought mine was heavy at 115 pounds. You are gunna have to get a decent remote to run the thing at full volume to avoid damage to your inner ears. If you ever come up Ohio way give me a ring, I would love to hear/feel this stereo of yours.
                                Attached Files
                                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                                -Dean
                                2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                                18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                                Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                                MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                                Injen CAI - Polished
                                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                                DaveB trim rings
                                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                                Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                                Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                                Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                                Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                                Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                                Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Working...
                                X