No announcement yet.

the madness never ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap, that's more stuff than what I'm using for an engine swap.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

glad to hear you finally got your Brahma back... Packing looks pretty darn sturdy.
      I am with DAC on this one. I too enjoy rummaging through the boxes downstairs looking for example a gold plated Esoteric (any of you guys remember that name?) rca Y-adapter and finding a brand new Clarion ProAudio 6-disk CD Changer with FM adapter I had completely forgotten about. It's like having Christmas anytime you want?!
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
        Oh really? Projected price range? I may know someone who may be interested

that'll be determined by the amp i use, but as it's looking, a single 8 with a 200 watt amp in a completely plug and play setup is going to be between $200 and $300. i'm looking to incorporate a line output converter and and amp turn on circuit, so all you have to do is hook up the main positive cable, ground cable, and 4 wires to the rear speakers. the 4 wires to the rear speakers will send the signal to the LOC, as well as turn on the amp. the turn on circuit is $33 from david navone, but i should be able to make one relatively easily. if i can't, i'll just leave that out of it, cause it's not a necessity.

DeanSweet, i don't know how many of these guys know of esoteric, it's usually just the brand names they know.

Comment

uhh.. sony wuh? errr.. did ya mean to say pioneer?
          :ARCADE:
          honestly, thats more **** than i would know what to do with, but once you get you're shop, you've gotta customer in pa needing some MAJOR work he wants to get done
          peace

Comment

Holy crap dude! How much did you spend on all of that?! Although I was bad at one time, I never went off the deep end like you did. I think it is hopeless right now for you! :p: Are you getting lectured on your spending habits? I used to say, "Atleast I spend money on car audio versus on drugs!" I can help though....let me take those off your hands!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

BTW, dumb question maybe, but what are red cold cathodes?

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                red CCFLs
                hey Mike, how's it going?

CCFLs are Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lights. Like neon, but not neon...
                If you remember my subwoofer box building experience, I put a blue one in my sub so that only the emmited light is visible through the port.

Comment

I remember. How did it work any way? Also, any thing new in the Protege?

Groundkit

Comment

I remember. How did it work any way? Also, any thing new in the Protege?
                    New audio stuff in the Protege:
                    I got a new HU - Alpine 9815 (I am going to get the 9835 as soon as it comes out)
                    I got CDT Audio 6.5" components for the front and a US Acoustics USP200 to power them.
                    Can't think of anything else right now. By the way, I had to send my e12K.44 to eD for a rebuild. Something was misaligned and the sub fell apart (not literally), so I had to send it to them. They sent me a brand new sub within 3-4 days.

Here's a pic of the eD box...

It's not the best shot ever, but you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      New audio stuff in the Protege:
                      I got a new HU - Alpine 9815 (I am going to get the 9835 as soon as it comes out)
                      I got CDT Audio 6.5" components for the front and a US Acoustics USP200 to power them.
                      Can't think of anything else right now. By the way, I had to send my e12K.44 to eD for a rebuild. Something was misaligned and the sub fell apart (not literally), so I had to send it to them. They sent me a brand new sub within 3-4 days.

Here's a pic of the eD box...

It's not the best shot ever, but you get the idea.
                      Wow! That looks awsome! I see you still have Squidword there. My ED subs have been working since I got them. I guess I got lucky. How do you like the CDT's? I wouldn't mind replacing my front speakers for something different with a little more power handling. The Bostons sound great, but I have had them for some time and wouldn't mind a different driver in my kickpanels.

Groundkit

Comment

I did not find a huge difference between the CDTs and my Alpine Type-S 6.5" speakers. I am a bit disappointed because I expected more. I guess I could say that the difference is in the power rating only....

squidward, ah yes... that picture is a little old, but he still lies in my trunk. he's like a mascot or something.

I remember last summer you were experimenting with your subs to see if it'll make a difference in the amount your lights dim. If my memory serves me right, you tried using one sub only... My question is: do you find a big difference between the dual setup and the single one? I am thinking of buying a second e12K before they're gone forever.

oops.. looks like eD is not selling the 12K.44 anymore.
                        Last edited by Intruder; 01-26-2004, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I thought ED wasn't selling just the flat cone subs any more. If they sell the "K" series, it may just be more of a cone versus the flat surface ones. Looks like we have a collector's item.
                          As for dimming, it didn't make a difference. I didn't try it with the new Class D amp that I got. I got it off of Rider69. The lights still dim, but not as bad as before. I haven't tried the single sub with the JBL amp. I will have to try it since it puts out the same power in 1 ohm as it does 1/2 ohm. There are no switches like with the SoundStream (high current/high power) so I wouldn't have to do anything except unplug a speaker and viola!
                          Maybe it's a bug, but no matter how good my system may sound, it is never enough. What are you going to do with the head unit you are now using once the new Alpine comes out?

Groundkit

Comment

I was asking about the sound quality/level, not the dimming.
                            Tell me about your new enclosures! How do you like the sound now compared to two subs sealed together.

As for the 9815, I'm going to sell it. You may remember that I had the 9807 and I was thinking about buying the 9813 or the 9815. Well I got the 9815 about two months ago and sold the 9807 on ebay just recently (I got $202.50 for it which IMO is a good amount of money considering the fact that I paid ~$220 when I got it brand new).

So tell me about your subs and how you like them better - one sub with more power in a sealed box, two subs in a sealed box, or the way they are now. Is there a huge difference between the sealed and the two vented boxes. Also, do you have the e12K.44 or the .14 subs?

Comment

I just got an email from Eric Brooks @ eD and he writes that the 12K.44 is temporarily out of stock. eD is still offering those, and will have them in stock in about 3 weeks. They are going to make the current 12Ks until they make the "big switchover" - that's what he said.

Comment

cold cathodes or CCFL's are like neons, except much thinner they are easier to mount, since they don't have a huge tube.

12" red CCFL vs 10" blue neon:

Intruder, did you put a variable resistor or anything else inline with your CCFL to adjust the brightness? i'm thinking about doing that, cause when the voltage is high, they are way too bright, and get almost pink

Comment

Working...
                                X