Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intruder
    The amp is rated at 1100W RMS, and I was told I need 1/0 gauge for it. So, to save money, I would just add one more 4 gauge wire and a fuse, but two fuses in parallel doesn't seem like a good idea. They would have to burn at the same instant for the system to be safe, but that's unlikely. That's why I'm having doubts.
    If one fuse burned out, it would instantly double the power to the other one and burn it out too. Wouldn't that be safe enough for the amp? Probably no cheaper than doing it the other way, but it should work.

Lil Freek, how much are you thinking of selling it for?

Comment

Update:
      I got a set of CCFL lights for the new enclosure.
      I'll be finishing the box tomorrow, although I still don't know when I'm gonna have the second subwoofer, and I'm still not sure how to proceed with the wiring....

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
        im not to familiar with the e12K.44 .. but arnt they and the dayton dvc pretty mucht eh same thign?

yeah they are very similar.

for the wiring, keep in mind that two 4 guage cables is still less than one 1/0 cable. however two 4 guage cables should be plenty, but you're gonna need to get a 4 guage kit for about $30, a distribution block to combine the 4 guage cables for say $15. for under $70 shipped you can have a complete 0 guage kit that will support your sub amp and will have plenty of head room for if you get another amp.

0 guage will support up to 300 amps, but i wouldn't run more than 250 through it. then use your current 4 guage wire to split off the distribution block that comes with the kit to your sub amp, and any other amp you might want to add

Comment

Mkay...
          Thanks Brian.

I was wondering if my amp accepts 0 gauge wire. What if it doesn't?

Comment

Get a distribution block. For lots of money. In fact, get a distribution block with fuses in it instead of spending the $20/fuse you were talking about earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
              instead of spending the $20/fuse you were talking about earlier.
              That was for a fuse holder.
              I ordered the kit, now I need to find a 120amp fuse.

Comment

Mkay...
                Thanks Brian.

it doesn't accept 0 guage input. but if you got the kit i posted, it comes with a distribution block, non-fused, though. look at the top left of the packaging from the picture. left is dist block, right is fuse holder. otherwise i can get you a 1/0 to 4 guage adapter

Comment

So it's OK to use 4 gauge if the wire is very short (from dist. block to amp terminal)?

Comment

That is what I was running on my old setup.

Comment

If one fuse burned out, it would instantly double the power to the other one and burn it out too. Wouldn't that be safe enough for the amp? Probably no cheaper than doing it the other way, but it should work.

Lil Freek, how much are you thinking of selling it for?
                      I dunno.. probably like 50-60 or something.
                      It really depends where i can find a nicely priced cat-back exhaust... shipping stuff to canada is pricey.
                      if i have enough left over, i'm going to buy th e12A.22 right away.. if not, i'll have to wait until late June...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

So it's OK to use 4 gauge if the wire is very short (from dist. block to amp terminal)?

yep. you could run 4 guage all the way back for it, but you'll get a nasty voltage drop

Comment

My sub is FINALLY coming here TOMORROW (5/20)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            yep. you could run 4 guage all the way back for it, but you'll get a nasty voltage drop
                            I got the 0 gauge wiring kit, but I don't plan on using it right away. I'll monitor voltages, temperatures, etc. and if I don't see a reason for upgrading to 0 gauge, I'lll just keep the 4 gauge. People on several other forums said I'll be fine with 4 gauge, but I have to get a bigger fuse.

Comment

My sub is FINALLY coming here TOMORROW (5/20)!!!!
                              Do you actually have a tracking number in front of you?

Comment

Do you actually have a tracking number in front of you?
                                Yeah, I did.
                                OMG1!!!!1!!1 It is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!111!11!!

Hehe, j/k I'm not THAT excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X